Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am so disappointed with RIM for putting out a product that is so buggy! ... BlackBerry Storm forum

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

gonna throw this thing!

Advertisement

I am so disappointed with RIM for putting out a product that is so buggy! I understand that its rim's first touchscreen and thus will have a few kinks.
    For the first couple of firmware updates but this goes beyond little quirks to plain infuriatingly annoying major issues that are all too common among storm owners.

I'm having to do a battery pull at least 5 times a day. My pearl could go several days without needing a reset.

Here are a few other issues I can't deal with

Phone turns itself off at random.
    Resets itself at random.
    Freezes.
    The camera turns itself on only its not the camera its just the lens
    Certain keys become unresponsive
    Slow slow slow
    Just stops charging which considering the battery life is very problematic
    Cursor moves around text in the middle of typing
    Freezes when switching to landscape
    Freezes when trying to answer a call
    I'm running the current os so rim better get in gear with some updates because they are gonna lose some loyal customers
    I'm your huckleberry

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    take it back. all that sucks and sounds like a faulty device.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    ^^Agreed. I would say around 80-85% of the newer devices run just fine. Sounds like you got one that isn't in that category. I would definitely get another.

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    I would MOST def be at VZW store in the EXCHANGE line. GOOD LUCK!
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Did you get the equipment insurance? You could throw it against the wall first and then take it back.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    Did you get the equipment insurance? You could throw it against the wall first and then take it back.
    that would be a fifty dollar chunk
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Where did you purchase this phone?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Agreed with Crucial and Cat, exchange it and get a better unit as many times as needed until you get a perfect one like some of us do have

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Crucial, Cat, and Ranx are right. Can't expect firmware to fix faulty hardware.
    Go through the inconvenience of returning them till you get a good one. Once you do, you'll love the Storm

PIN/ID
    23E93134
    I got it from a Verizon store, well it was on backorder so they mailed it. When I took it to the Verizon corporate store to have my contacts transferred from my pearl to the storm I told the sales associate that it had frozen, rebooted, and rained technocolor snow within the first 24 hrs he said it was because its a new phone and he didn't know what to tell me. I've pretty much gotten the run around and been told when you get a phone with all the bells and whistles you're going to have complications because its 'complex' ugh I went through 3 storms until I got one that didn't die suddenly but I always had to wait for the new one in the mail which left me sans cell for days.

~via BB (wap.pinstack
    .com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would try calling CS to see what they tell you.

I have only had one problem getting a phone replaced and that was because (as I was told) the phone was either out of warranty, the rep just didn't want to touch it, or do anything to offer a replacement. Took it to another store and left with a brand new phone about an hour later.

pml264 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had my Storm 9530 for only a few days and absolutely love it. I haven't had many problems, if any at all. You must have received a bad unit. Do what the others said and return it. The transition to touch screen for me has been pretty easy and I feel like I've been using it forever already!

Thanks,

Pete

PIN/ID
    23E93134
    Thanks! Thought I was going crazy, it just froze again 5 minutes ago lol and every issue I've had with the phone I'd google and dozens of others would have the same problem so its nice to know that some people do have storms that function properly ill call CS right now

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you really wanna throw it, throw it in a box with my address. hahaha... Good luck with the replacement.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 8aBlackBearE View Post
    I got it from a Verizon store, well it was on backorder so they mailed it. When I took it to the Verizon corporate store to have my contacts transferred from my pearl to the storm I told the sales associate that it had frozen, rebooted, and rained technocolor snow within the first 24 hrs he said it was because its a new phone and he didn't know what to tell me. I've pretty much gotten the run around and been told when you get a phone with all the bells and whistles you're going to have complications because its 'complex' ugh I went through 3 storms until I got one that didn't die suddenly but I always had to wait for the new one in the mail which left me sans cell for days.

~via BB (wap.pinstack
    .com)~
    Well, try not to blame the device for the ignorance of the Verizon employee. I'm not saying that the device doesn't deserve some blame, but the rep outright lied to you.

There shouldn't be any problems transferring the contacts from the Pearl to the Storm. And I could care less how new the device is, it's really shouldn't reboot, freeze, and rain technocolor. As others have said, i believe you just received a faulty device.
    Your new one is not going to be without any problems whatsoever, but most should be software related, and be minimal at best. The powers that be are working on getting a good update out to the public. Verizon will be getting it's hands on some good builds very very soon, and hopefully they can/will cert it with some speed.
    The Storm isn't perfect, but should definitely work better than what you describe. Be sure to post back and let us know how it turned out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast