My Gmail account icon keeps showing that I have 1 message. However, there are no ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

GMail keeps showing a message. Why?

Advertisement

My Gmail account icon keeps showing that I have 1 message. However, there are no messages in the inbox, no drafts, no saved messages. I thought perhaps it was a Facebook alert since that account is tied to Facebook, however there are no new posts or messages on Facebook. Is this somoething related to the Storm 2 and OS5? I never had this problem on my Curve.

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

trythis...

i had the same issue. go into the facebook ap and then click up at the top on the second icon from the top left or "notifications". you may get notifications there that will be in bold. once you get rid of those it may get rid of the notification. i wish there was a way to not get the notifications from FB at all but I havent found it yet. the options are limited on this with the app.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Did this message show up after you used the device switch wizard or did this show up recently?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

it showed up after I switched devices from my Curve.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Try this thread HERE and scroll down to #10 and see if that resolves your problem. This issue happens pretty frequently after swapping devices.

Post back if this doesn't resolve your problem.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

If I do a battery pull, the email notification goes away. However, once a message is sent to the account, even after deleting the messages the icon shows 1 message. It stays that way until I do a battery pull.

Hosehead no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am encountering the same problem with the Storm 2, but also with the Bold, both with GMail only. both phones were 5.x OS.

Are you using the enhanced GMail app?

Yes, the enhanced gmail app is being used however I may have found the issue. I think the phone saw two gmail accounts with the same address because of the plug-in. Don't know why. So, I deleted my gmail account on the Storm2 and then re-added it again. Since doing that I have not had the problem.