Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey folks as you know I had issues with the dust under the screen. Its ... BlackBerry Storm forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

giving up on the dust

Advertisement

Hey folks as you know I had issues with the dust under the screen. Its my third and first day I got dust already. It sucks. I jost have to suck it up.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Until they figure out a way to seal it, every single Storm is going to get dust...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00 View Post
    Hey folks as you know I had issues with the dust under the screen. Its my third and first day I got dust already. It sucks. I jost have to suck it up.
    yeah sorry to hear that...I learned real quick way back when I had my pearl to use the little pouch they give you if you keep it in your pockets. I'm not sure with the storm if it even has that. Luckly, I haven't had very many issues. My 8310 was just now getting a little dust after a years' worth of use and pocket living. I did use the pouch though.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Wonder why they don't do a better job sealing them up in the first place...

I'm sure it's because the screen moves.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I don't know what the dust looks like under the screen, but I guess that is a good thing, because it would drive me nuts if I did.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I hear you on that... I'd go insane...

I only have a couple specs under the screen. I just pretend to wipe them off and I'm happy. LOL

PIN/ID
    PM
    Yep same here.. I got 1 on top left (battery indicator area) which isnt even noticeable. I am just happy I am up to date on the most advanced technology Blackberry has released; the touch screen is surely a big step. Oh well, Blackberry Storm second generation come out come out.. LOL

I am still happy overall.

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    3rd storm already? ahha. And you posted that fantastic review after having it for a few hours. haha.

I told ya.

I'm joking of course, I hate to see anyone with problems. But I'm sure you see now this phone isn't all that and a bag of chips.

PIN/ID
    PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    3rd storm already? ahha. And you posted that fantastic review after having it for a few hours. haha.

I told ya.

I'm joking of course, I hate to see anyone with problems. But I'm sure you see now this phone isn't all that and a bag of chips.
    Actually getting my 4th

o2sys no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using the oem pouch from RIM since day one on my Storm and do not have a single dust particle. The pouch is a good investment!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Is this just an issue with the storm? Cuz my bold is still crystal clear, abt 6 months in...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00 View Post
    Actually getting my 4th
    Wow. I give you credit. I would never give it that many tries. I gave up and went back to TMO, but when VZW offered the friends and family, I went back to be on the same plan as my wife.

I'm currently using the Storm again as well. It was either that or stay with TMO and grab the 8900, but it worked out cheaper to just bite the bullet again.

I tried the Omnia for a few days, didn't like how email worked (or the browser) and it was hard to type on it. So I am on yet another Storm. So far this time, I have not seen too many issues other than the annoying battery pulls from time to time.

I didn't pick the Storm because I liked it. I picked it because VZW basically has 2 phones that do what I want. I want Rev A, I want a facebook app, and need good email. Gtalk is a bonus but not a requirement.

So until the Niagra is out, I'm pigeon holed into the Storm. The Curve isn't rev A.

Omnia overall is a very nice phone if you don't do a lot of texting or email typing. But it wasn't for me.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    What is Rev A?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast