Ok, I have the Storm And At&t. I bought it today and decided to give ... BlackBerry Storm forum

alihijazi no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Giving the Storm A Chance - Need Input

Advertisement

Ok, I have the Storm And At&t. I bought it today and decided to give it a chance.

I suck HORRIBLY at texting with this thing (i actually thought the screen was broken).

When the phone works it's great, but there is a lot of bugs.

I want to know a couple things...

1. Where can I find some good apps for it.

2. Compared to other blackberry's, is it logical to say in a month I'll be able to text nearly at that speed or is this phone never going to allow that. *I don't know if i Suck or if the phone sucks

3. Should I install OS 4.7.0.99

4. What fustrations did you have in the beginning and how did you fix them.

5. FINALLY THIS ONE I'M PISSED ABOUT... LOOK AT THIS LINK AND WATCH HOW HE SCANS HIS HAND ACROSS THE 8 ICONS IN THE BEGINNING, MINE DOESN'T DO THAT... I WANTTTTT IT TO HOW DO I MAKE IT DO THAT, OR WAS THAT JUST MARKETING...MINE JUST STOPS ON ONE MAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmyVzoyY9Jo

i reallly REALLY WANT TO LIKE THIS PHONE, TELL ME IT GETS BETTER WHEN NEWER UPDATES COME OUT

thanks EVERYONE
    Last edited by alihijazi; 02-09-2009 at 01:39 AM.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    1. There is a sticky on this forum of working apps for the Storm. Check it out, it's awesome

2. Yes. It took me a couple days but I am very fast at typing, just with any new phone, give it time to sink it lol.

3. YES. Install .99. It fixes SOOOOO many problems and you will LOVE your phone. Makes all the problems go away(well most of them at least LOL). Makes the phone quicker, all the apps quicker, and just an overall better experience

4. Most of my problems were with the old OS, .75, I have since installed most of the BETAs and it fixed so much. I had trouble typing at first and getting used to the "click" aspect of it but those have gone away.

5. Yea plain and simple, you can't do that. That commercial was just a bunch of screenshots played in a straight shot to look like he was using the actual phone. The first thing that should get you is the SMS that he went to write, SMS doesnt look like that LOL.

Trust me, download and install .99 OS and try the phone out. It is SO MUCH better

Thanks for the reply, wonderful stuff I did install that OS. MMMMM SEXAAAYY

Next:

Does it feel like the 4 corners of your screen dont really click... like in the bottom left of the keyboard the middle is perfect, but the corners get stuck alot, is it just my phone

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Thats a known issue that has been looked at. There are 2 options for you.

1. (easiest) Take a 1/3 peice of a business card and fold that in half and put it under your battery, reinstall the battery, and put cover back on. Problem solved

2.(harder and never tried) I have read that you can loosen 2 screws in the back of the phone to fix the click issue.

I have also read that it could be a problem if the actual device was made in Mexico, I have heard the devices from Canada have better build quality. IDK mine is from Canada so I can't test that theory LOL

mine's made in canada too, the business card thing worked like a charm, hopefully my screen doesnt pop out of place now

You rock!

I've always been a blackberry user, i just had a bold yesterday and a curve the day before, liked them, but it's time for the trackball to go.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    One thing though. The business card trick is a fix for "defective" screens.
    If you have a way to get your Storm replaced by all means do so.
    My friend got one with Bell and had a HORRIBLE screen, corners didnt click AT ALL.
    He exchanged it and got a perfectly working one.

Cheers.

I got mine off craigslist. I'll probably sell it buy a new one, unlock it, but the business card thing is sweet, my friend had one too his was like mine, mine you could click, but like barely sometimes you could sometimes you had to push hard. The business card thing will have to do until tommorrow

UPDATE: I know Im annoying.

I just started texting with my "new screen", wow 150% difference this phone rocks now, i can type as fast as a qwerty, i am used to the iphone touch screen, this matches it typing wise...so smooth

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Youre not annoying glad to know youre happy

But yeah again, the business card trick can damage your phone in the long run. If you can, get a replacement, if not be careful with that trick.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Does it say right on the box where it was made, or does it have to be opened up to determine that? I plan on getting one for my wife and myself before months end, and I plan on telling the rep I want canadian made ones if he/she has them in stock. It would be easier if it was just displayed right on the box before he/she opens them.