Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

But i don't think the only application Verizon has approved for free GPS use is ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

But i don't think the only application Verizon has approved for free GPS use is BBMaps.
    8830 Verizon

One time Storm user. Returned it.

jvcvem2003 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A228A
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    I think it only works with BBMaps, what happens when you click on view on maps?
    thats the thing. i dont have an option showing "view on maps" maybe that option was part of BB Maps. But I delete it. LOL

I dont pay Verizon for the maps either. I am with Tmobile and it works without charges.

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will this work on a 8320 if I get a GPS puck?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekialstone View Post
    Will this work on a 8320 if I get a GPS puck?
    I do not see any reason that it wouldn't. Are you running 4.5 OS?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by jvcvem2003 View Post
    thats the thing. i dont have an option showing "view on maps" maybe that option was part of BB Maps. But I delete it. LOL

I dont pay Verizon for the maps either. I am with Tmobile and it works without charges.
    Take a photo of something innocuous with geo-tagging turned on.

Then email the pic to me. I will tell you if the geo-tagging worked. jwinslow@rogers.blackberry.net
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    you can also view the pics on Google Earth!

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    As far as using GPS for geotagging without paying for VZNav its absolutely do-able. VZW did infact unlock the use of GPS for 3rd party Apps. Before, in order to use GPS with 3rd party apps, you had to pay for vz nav and then run it in the background.. Now its available at all times for free.

One thing I noticed that helped me initially to find satallites and geotag pictures was to run bbmaps first and find satallites then open my camera and make sure the GPS symbol was white and showing activity instead of a red X.

Keep in mind finding these GPS satallites isnt the same as finding radio coverage in the sense that it does in fact help, albeit maybe not that significantly, to be outdoors or in a clear area. I seem to have had some trouble using GPS in inclimate weather...

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    As far as using GPS for geotagging without paying for VZNav its absolutely do-able. VZW did infact unlock the use of GPS for 3rd party Apps. Before, in order to use GPS with 3rd party apps, you had to pay for vz nav and then run it in the background.. Now its available at all times for free.

One thing I noticed that helped me initially to find satallites and geotag pictures was to run bbmaps first and find satallites then open my camera and make sure the GPS symbol was white and showing activity instead of a red X.

Keep in mind finding these GPS satallites isnt the same as finding radio coverage in the sense that it does in fact help, albeit maybe not that significantly, to be outdoors or in a clear area. I seem to have had some trouble using GPS in inclimate weather...
    Good infomation, Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12