What am I doing wrong? TheCamera shows thatit can't find my location ad flickr cantFind ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

geo tagging pics

Advertisement

What am I doing wrong? TheCamera shows thatit can't find my location ad flickr cantFind my location with vz nav open or closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    1*

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    probably vzw did the usual thing and block that feature too
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    But I pay to use vz nav so what gives?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Are you indoors when you're taking pictures? I'm pretty sure I've seen mine get a lock. I think it has to make a lock before you take the photo (which can take a while).

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    i've never been able to get a lock for pictures. It appears that the phone's GPS is locked w/o some sort of translation from VZ Nav or BB Maps. I camera application probably cannot access the GPS signal.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    as far as i can tell vzw dosnt block gps, which would make sence since they opened it on there global phones a while ago. i might try from outside
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dvst8ion View Post
    as far as i can tell vzw dosnt block gps, which would make sence since they opened it on there global phones a while ago. i might try from outside

They do lock it to certain apps. It wasn't opened on their global phones a while ago. I had the 8830 since its release, and it was never unlocked. VZ Nav works, but you have to pay verizon for it. That doesn't count.

Blackberry built GPS INTO thier phones for free use as a feature, verizon locks this. BBMaps works on the Storm, other applications do not. My guess is that verizon had to make a concession in order to get the Storm exclusive.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba View Post
    They do lock it to certain apps. It wasn't opened on their global phones a while ago. I had the 8830 since its release, and it was never unlocked. VZ Nav works, but you have to pay verizon for it. That doesn't count.

Blackberry built GPS INTO thier phones for free use as a feature, verizon locks this. BBMaps works on the Storm, other applications do not. My guess is that verizon had to make a concession in order to get the Storm exclusive.

I agree with you .. and think VZW sucks for doing that.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL