Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ok so this is like my fourth post of the day. Sorry but im having ... BlackBerry Storm forum

random155 no está en línea Stack level 2

Frustrating Problems with Storm

Advertisement

Ok so this is like my fourth post of the day. Sorry but im having problems (2nd day with storm). I got my storm yesterday, updated to the .90 OS. Returned it today because the crappy screen click. After figuring out how to reload software because I bricked it, I restored it from the settings I backed up before I returned my old phone. When I restored it.. the browser is now gone, my apps arent there, no BB messenger... what the hell is up with this phone?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! We'll get ya there, random!

As for the browser, try resending Service Books. That usually does the trick. You can do that from your BIS account or through the e-mail setup wizard on the device.

As for BBM, you'll probably be able to reload that from Application Loader from within Desktop Manager. Connect to the PC, launch DM, click on Application Loader>Add / Remove Applications. Once the OS loads up, you should be able to scroll down and find the messenger application box unchecked. Check the box, then proceed to install it on the device.

Roger

HAHAHAHAHAHA im laughing now. When i go to application loader, it says that there is no software for my device. This is priceless. Maybe I should do a complete wipe and reinstall .75? Tips on that would be appreciated. Just not sure what you mean by unistall the OS from the pc.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Try going in through apploader.exe again instead of desktop manager.

Yeah.... for whatever reason, I dont have apploader.exe

Well, that is an alternative. You will find a thread in the FAQ link in my signature with instructions on how to use jl_cmndr, which you would use to wipe your device.

But if you go to the Control Panel on your PC, Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista), it will bring up a list of the applications on your PC. Didn't you just install .90 on your PC? You should see something called BlackBerry Device Software 4.x.

Quote Originally Posted by random155 View Post
    Yeah.... for whatever reason, I dont have apploader.exe
    It's called Loader and doesn't actually say loader.exe.

It would be in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader folder near the top. I think it even has an icon that looks like a phone.

I've gotta run out. You're in good hands with Moto!

Oops, thanks for the correction Ro...

You need to make sure you remove .90 and only leave .75 on.

the only thing in my programs list (in control panel VISTA) is blackberry desktop software 4.7. No actual phone software.

Ok I think Im going to try the JML wipe process. But, how exactly do I resinstall .75 once the BB is completely wipted?

That explains it then. You need to download (if you haven't already) and install the 4.7.0.75 Device software and install it on your PC before you can load BBM back on your Storm.

I don't think you need to wipe it quite yet.

Well after installing the .75 OS on my pc the apps still arent showing up on in my DM. I tried to use the JLM wipe tool, but when i install it, it doesnt open... i cant believe im having such problems with this. Is there anyother way to wipe the memory so i can get the phone back to the way it was when i pulled it out of the box?

If you haven't already, uninstall DM 4.7 and get 4.6. A lot more solid and less annoying!

Are you running Vista, random? If so, turn off UAC (User Account Control). Then you should be able to download and use jl_cmndr.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast