Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Erievon Why blame the phone for user neglect? Maybe next time before ... BlackBerry Storm forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Why blame the phone for user neglect?
    Maybe next time before you go paintballing with your BlackBerry Storm in 90+ degree heat, buy a protective case for the device. Then stick it in your pocket while paintballs are being fired at you. Or leave it in the shade in the protective case and have somebody (that you trust, obviously... need I really say this??) watch over it while you're busy. Anybody with any common sense can figure out that a large metal object with about 8 windows basking in the sun is going to get a little warm inside I would think the leather dashboard of your vehicle being hot to the touch would prompt you not to leave anything any more important than a bottle of soda in it (that also sucks).

Your friends were probably in the shade. There's no way everyday electronics can withstand that kind of heat.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I do feel sorry for you that your phone is jacked up. But my son is a paintballer and I've seen the welts A couple hits then exposure to extreme heat are definitely not a good combo. If your friends left their phones in their cars and let theirs get hit by paintballs and theirs survived then I would say they are darn lucky. I still wouldn't blame the Storm though. RIM's documentation says to store in no higher than 86 degrees and operate in no more than 104 degrees. Unfortunately on a 90 degree day temps inside the car can get to 130 degrees in just an hour, far above recommendations. Really sorry your luck wasn't as good as your friends...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got back from a repair shop, I got it fix for $120 meh its better to pay $120 than $400+ for a new phone. Sorry for my post I was just mad at the idea that my friends phones were fine were my phone got damages (stupid iphone).
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    I just got back from a repair shop, I got it fix for $120 meh its better to pay $120 than $400+ for a new phone. Sorry for my post I was just mad at the idea that my friends phones were fine were my phone got damages (stupid iphone).
    Trust me, I've had an iPhone. If they'd taken some hits and been in that heat as well, may have been more (or at least as) costly.

I dropped it once, in just under a year. After that it was a pain. Finally quit working, with cost to fix as much as a new one.

Just get yourself a good case, and maybe keep the phone in a backpack or secure area (if available) next time you play.

As for you're reaction....well you're human and attached to an electronic device. I'd been upset as well.

Good luck.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    curious...what kind of repairs did they make?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Now how the hell do I protect my phone from heat... I mean even if my phone wont get hit by paint balls how do I still protect it from heat if i have to leave it in my car ?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    curious...what kind of repairs did they make?
    The guy said that the wire that goes from the screen to the board was melted and that was the reason why half of my screen wasn't responding, so I had my screen replaced and the wire.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Now how the hell do I protect my phone from heat... I mean even if my phone wont get hit by paint balls how do I still protect it from heat if i have to leave it in my car ?
    Good question, and I can't answer. I usually have my phone on me all the time. Never leave any devices in car.

Curious that it got hot enough to melt a wire. Did he mean the insulation causing a short or what. It has to be pretty darn hot to melt isulation by radiant heat.

Doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Good question, and I can't answer. I usually have my phone on me all the time. Never leave any devices in car.

Curious that it got hot enough to melt a wire. Did he mean the insulation causing a short or what. It has to be pretty darn hot to melt isulation by radiant heat.

Doesn't sound right.
    That's what I was told by a person that fixed my phone, but who knows what really happen he was fixing it in his little room and I couldn't see what he is doing. Probably I got ripoff but meh at least my phone is working again.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    120 bucks from nonworking to working is not bad...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    120 bucks from nonworking to working is not bad...
    Specially for the one who fixed the phone, and I bet you he didn't told you what really happens to the phone, I left mine in the car the other day for a few hrs and we was at 95 degrees that day and nothing happens to it

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Seriously talking why the hell do I need a phone if I cant keep it in my car at all. What is the point of having a phone at all ?
    Gonna have to go ahead and say this is one of the dumbest/funniest things ive heard someone say about an electronic in a while and im in phone sells, i hear silly stuff all day lololololololol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Agreed pmarshall

What can I do if I want to leave in it the toilet all day, in the Antarctic?

Make sure to leave your GPS turned on when you leave your expensive electronics in the car, so we can find them
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    might as well go buy a nokia bar phone so there inexpensive to replace
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12