Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the last 3 months I love this phone a lot and I say a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3

From "Omg I have a Storm" to "I hate that phone"

Advertisement

For the last 3 months I love this phone a lot and I say a lot! but today I started to hate this phone, its the worst phone ever made. How can a phone die just by sitting in the car on a 90 degrees day and then when rebooted half of my screen doesn't work. I did battery pull, install OS all over again... so now my QAZ and Alt don't work. That part of the screen doesn't work for dialing phone numbers... I can't open contacts or calls log. I guess this phone is going on a shelf starting today.
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F
    You realize that on a 90 degree day the inside of your car got considerably hotter than 90 degrees, right? I'd be willing to bet money that the interior temperature of your car rose way past the level that manufacturers suggest is acceptable for virtually any form of electronics.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 04-27-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Edited rude comment.

Seriously talking why the hell do I need a phone if I cant keep it in my car at all. What is the point of having a phone at all ?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Why would you keep your phone in your car? I would bet that if you kept any new phone in the car it would have a meltdown also.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    Seriously talking why the hell do I need a phone if I cant keep it in my car at all. What is the point of having a phone at all ?
    if i need a phone I keep the phone with me...thats my point of having a phone....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have to agree, it rarely gets to 90+ in Ohio but it gets -0 sometimes and i left my cell phone in the car one night at work and it literaly froze my phone to death, after that i learned never leave my phone in the car. Do you have insurance on it?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Why would you keep your phone in your car? I would bet that if you kept any new phone in the car it would have a meltdown also.
    I agree

A phone is mobile because it should be kept with you. As far as leaving things in a car, maybe some form of cooling could be used like those lil fans that site on top of your window and allow air to flow, or a dashboard protector, or something. Parking under shade also helps.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Sounds as if u cooked the phone
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

Wolfsatz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304CD136
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    It may have to call for directions.... LMAO

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Why blame the phone for user neglect?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I live in Sunny California and we average 90' in the summer if not hotter. On a 90' day here in So Cal if you leave your car in the sun with the windows up the heat inside the care averages around the 130-145 degree range depending on interior ( cloth or leather ) ....I know this because I have placed a Meat Thermometer like this one below on my Driver side visor so I can tell how hot it is when I get in my car and then how much it cools down when I turn the AC on....

Like others have said I think you fired your phone due the heat

The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Here's what happened... I went paint balling last night, and I had my phone with me until I got shot in the leg and my phone was hit couple time I decided to put it in the car like all my friends have done it. At the end of the day their phones were working fine and my didn't... even my friend Iphone was working perfect

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    Here's what happened... I went paint balling last night, and I had my phone with me until I got shot in the leg and my phone was hit couple time I decided to put it in the car like all my friends have done it. At the end of the day their phones were working fine and my didn't... even my friend Iphone was working perfect
    OK..so phone was hit by a paintball a few times.....ok I think that any phone would fail after being hit a few times by a paintball going 100+ feet per second and then to top it off was placed in the car for a few hours in 90' outside TEMP.....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    OK..so phone was hit by a paintball a few times.....ok I think that any phone would fail after being hit a few times by a paintball going 100+ feet per second and then to top it off was placed in the car for a few hours in 90' outside TEMP.....
    LOL, werd. If the paintball isn't the foe who destroyed your phone, it's a combination of both the force of the shots and the heat.. You should be more careful.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    omg are we really talking about this right now. Haha i bet this post will go down in history. Phone + Paintball+ Heat = oh **** my phone doesn't work, damn i should be more carefull next time what was i thinking? now you know trongod. so everyone leave him alone, just wanted some sympathy is all. =)
    MrS.OfFiCeR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast