Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Okay, BGR is reporting we might be seeing an official OS: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...for-the-storm/... BlackBerry Storm forum

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

Finally? Verizon to give us official OS?

Advertisement

Okay, BGR is reporting we might be seeing an official OS:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...for-the-storm/

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really want this to be true, but its a little surprising that .141 hasn't leaked yet if it is... I'll believe it when it actually happens, but here's to hoping its true!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    We will have to wait and see. I've been let down every time so far when these reported official releases are going to be released. Hopefully this will really happen this time. Nice find gg
    -Josh

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    The official OS's releases are a joke. Why would they allow us to wait so long????

Dalton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Usually, BGR is pretty accurate, so I hope this is true. After all of the teases over the past months though, I am not banking on it.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    +1 to Dalton, but it seems like, under closer inspection, its getting alot of positive reinforcement that it is indeed true. I have my hopes up, thats for sure. This would really put a cork in all the "COMON VZW, YOU SUCK" people haha

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So after weeks of being afraid of the unknown about upgrading to .132 I finally did last night. Aside of the lag when locking my phone I've been happy I did... Question: if there is an official release, can I switch to it no problem since I'm running a leaked OS? And foe those in the know, would I want to??
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I talked to a CS agent last month...they said that an OS update was due in April.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Funny thing, my friend who is working for VZW said that there won't be any OS in May since they still didn't get any memo about it. He also said that a lot of store rep lie a lot just so you can buy their phone. That's like the main problem VZW has with their store reps and talk about Storm OS.
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    Funny thing, my friend who is working for VZW said that there won't be any OS in May since they still didn't get any memo about it. He also said that a lot of store rep lie a lot just so you can buy their phone. That's like the main problem VZW has with their store reps and talk about Storm OS.
    I personally don't believe anything I hear come out of anyones mouth that works for VZW. Half of the time I visit a store with a tech issue I not only end up resolving my own problem but half of the other customers problems while I'm there. Wait, this isn't the VZW bashing forum is it? Anyway, regarding the OS they don't tell VZW employees anything untill like 24hours before anything is made public so on their behalf, its not really their fault.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    There really isn't any need for an official OS from your carrier. The only benefit is the time you save not having to delete the vendor.xml file.

Shadowshots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I JUST had a weird thing happen on my 9530. It blinked out, and then there was a very cool pic of a thunderstorm/lightning orange at the bottom thing going on. And then it reset. SOOoooo, I'm thinking that this was the new OS. But alas, my hopes were dashed when I checked the status and the wireless upgrade. Still stuck 0n .075!
    Sigh

I've heard of that "flash" of that storm wallpaper before but I've never experienced it. Probably just another bug. Price u pay for a "smart phone" I have a good feeling about a releaae soon ; )
    Stay tuned.

mixoplex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F3C981
    I just hope the radio works flawlessly not like the .XX radio that is buggy for everyone. I just reloaded .75 and have given up. Let's see what verizon says. My wifes phone is on verizon with a storm so I hope she gets an early message to do the update.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mixoplex View Post
    I just hope the radio works flawlessly not like the .XX radio that is buggy for everyone. I just reloaded .75 and have given up. Let's see what verizon says. My wifes phone is on verizon with a storm so I hope she gets an early message to do the update.
    I think they are more into making OS run faster and making it more stable than fixing the radio
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast