Is anyone else having this problem: Whenever I install FaceBook v1.5 on my Storm, it ... BlackBerry Storm forum

HangingClowns no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Facebook 1.5 with VZW Storm™ 9530

Advertisement

Is anyone else having this problem: Whenever I install FaceBook v1.5 on my Storm, it drains my battery like crazy. I even tried turning off the cell connection to see if maybe it was just my bad signal, but my phone still drained really quickly. I even tried wiping and doing a fresh install. I discovered it was this application because I slowly added on an application, one-by-one and I noticed the drain after I added on FaceBook. My battery seems to get really hot. I have my phone in a holster with a magnet in it, to shut off the screen, and I tried just putting the phone in my pocket, but had the same problem.

Am I the only one with this dillema?

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't say I have that exact problem but if I may, I recommend just using Facebook's mobile site as opposed to their App. For me, it's just easier and more friendly to navigate. I know that doesn't answer your question but thats what i'm thinkin.

HangingClowns no está en línea Stack level 1
    I dont' mind doing that at all, but I like how it links the calendar events on my phone and I can link up my contacts and keep everything up to date. That's why I really want 1.5, otherwise, I'd just stick to 1.3.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I dumped FaceBook on my Storm.
    A literal "drag" on the BB.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by HangingClowns View Post
    Is anyone else having this problem: Whenever I install FaceBook v1.5 on my Storm, it drains my battery like crazy. I even tried turning off the cell connection to see if maybe it was just my bad signal, but my phone still drained really quickly. I even tried wiping and doing a fresh install. I discovered it was this application because I slowly added on an application, one-by-one and I noticed the drain after I added on FaceBook. My battery seems to get really hot. I have my phone in a holster with a magnet in it, to shut off the screen, and I tried just putting the phone in my pocket, but had the same problem.

Am I the only one with this dillema?
    how often were you using it, or you talking about it just running in the background was draining your battery? I haven't seen any issues with it on mine. What OS are you using?
    -Josh

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i having been having some issues with 1.5 as well. im not sure if its the version or .141 thats messing with it. anybody have any idea where to find 1.3 to downgrade? i have looked and cannot find it . thanks

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by imafireman641 View Post
    i having been having some issues with 1.5 as well. im not sure if its the version or .141 thats messing with it. anybody have any idea where to find 1.3 to downgrade? i have looked and cannot find it . thanks
    I checked also, no luck on my searching. All sites link you to the blackberry.com/facebook site. Which only downloads the newest version. What is your facebook app doing that is causing you problem?
    -Josh

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    How many friend do you have on facebook? I cant use it because i have to many
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>