Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ya know, i have to agree with everybody to an extent. I started on a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

Advertisement

Ya know, i have to agree with everybody to an extent. I started on a 7105, moved up to an 8100, and then, because of the evils of peer pressure and marketing bought an iphone 3g. I have now currently moved back over to my tried and true blackberry and bought a storm. I have used a curve that a friend of mine has through t-mobile and these are the things that i have noticed and why i came back.

As far as the iphone goes, i had no problems typing on it and the auto correction was great as was the browser. the internet experience cant be beat. other than that, unless you jailbroke the thing it was just a good looking toy in my opinion. my main complaints other than the network issues of dropping calls every time i tried to use the phone, was the fact that in the middle of something i would get a text and the preview box would pop up and interrupt what i was doing and disturb my ADD addled train of thought. most people wouldnt mind but when im showing a video or pics of my kid at work and the wife sends me a text that other people shouldnt really see hehe, it could become a problem. And there was no way to turn it off. I also found the iphone to extremely inefficient in regards to email. couldnt just hit delete and be done with it ya know. oh and no folders that could be created or manipulated either so there was no way to organize on the fly. There are other fairly minor but annoying complaints as well but nothing is perfect no matter what company makes it. so as i said, a good looking toy but thats about it.

the storms keyboard def takes some getting used to but im just as fast using suretype on it as i was on my 8100 which is pretty fast. the landscape qwerty im a little slower on but still feel like i have more room than on some others but thats just personal pref ya know. other than that all of my complaints about bb were solved, bigger screen, touch without accidentally clicking things, much much better browser except i think the zoom function from the iphone wouldve been nice, i can hide "particular" folders that nobody needs to see, the speaker is really really loud, it takes a great pic, does mms well, and has removable battery and now plenty of storage capacity.

so after owning both my belief is that the storms only hang up that cant be fixed is the surepress screen, im not a total fan yet but it is a minor price to pay for, security, customability, and functionality, practical functionality anyway. i will say i did love the trackball though but im pretty good with the screen now. I do agree though that there are different devices for different groups of people though thats for sure and thats why i cant understand why everybody bashes one device or the other. i prefer functionality over entertainment so the storm or almost any BB is for me. I have my ipod for my entertainment . Now if i could just convince RIM to make syncing with my mac right out of the box possible........lol thanx for letting me ramble ive been wanting to all weekend.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    No wonder I like BlackBerrys

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    I don't consider myself a "hard core" BB user as I've only owned one for 2 yrs. Still on my original pearl and love it. I can type at lightning speeds (atleast I think so) with the sure type and have my fellow co-workers with windows mobile phones with full slide up qwerty keyboards challenge me and I smoke them! My boss recently got a storm and wanted me to set it up for him as he has never owned a BB before and I have. I had the privilege of using it for about an hour or so and I like it. MY job doesn't require me to type fast or navigate thru the menus at blazing speeds.

I totally see the point about productivity and being able to do business as fast as possible. To me, I can sacrifice this for the latest technology and a better browser!

I think I'm going to order one in the next month or so.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Have had the storm since thursday and finding always typing in landscape and now just as quick as my 8310 which I loved. I am a personal user, over 300 mb a month, and I believe this is a stunning phone. Rim is on the right road which as a bb lover makes me ver happy. Well done Rim. And any chance of a os update, lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    i use to type 40wpm on my 8830... now I can only type like 20-30 on the storm

im getting over the keyboard lag... you can type ahead and it catches up if you can type without mistakes. Its all about learning the keyboard.

little mistakes are fixed by the auto corrector... other ones you can go correct yourself..

I think once the software gets upgraded then it will eventually catch up to my old typing speeds.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdkng View Post
    i use to type 40wpm on my 8830... now I can only type like 20-30 on the storm

im getting over the keyboard lag... you can type ahead and it catches up if you can type without mistakes. Its all about learning the keyboard.

little mistakes are fixed by the auto corrector... other ones you can go correct yourself..

I think once the software gets upgraded then it will eventually catch up to my old typing speeds.
    Same problem the iPhone sms text app had. It got fixed with a software upgrade and worked great. RIM will get it fixed too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12