Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey folks, I was reading through stackers who has issue with their storm collecting dust ... BlackBerry Storm forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Question Dust under the screen?

Advertisement

Hey folks,

I was reading through stackers who has issue with their storm collecting dust under the screen. Any thoughts on this?

Also, is there batch difference from the Storm now (the one from the stores) and the first batch of Storms released? Mine came from the store with .75

Whats going on? I'm sorry i just baby my toys when i first get it lol and just want to get a heads up.

Also, if anyone wants to add me on Messenger that would be awesome too!!

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i hate how much dust i have under my screen.. not that noticeable except for when its real sunny and the screen is all black or off... but i got mine replaced at the end of december and i dont remember my first one getting much dust under there.. i can only imagine how much will accumulate under there in a few more months!!! i wonder if i'll be even able to see what's on the screen.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I've had mine since they were released. I have a few specs, but that's it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get more.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a few particles under mine and I believe that is due to my use of an air can to keep my phone clean. But then, I've had dust collect on other phones I've had in the past (my old Razr was the worst!). After a full days use and enough finger smudges, I can't even see them until I clean the screen the again.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 02-04-2009 at 04:43 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM
    I see. I hope i dont get anything

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I bought a Storm the first day they were released. While the build quality was a bit shoddy, the most serious problem was a bug ridden OS which caused many problems including restarts daily. I returned if for Storm number 2 and it too had a loose display and numerous other issues rendering it useless according to Verizon tech support. Also it was too early to have any OS upgrade choices so it too was returned.

Two days ago I returned to Verizon to cancel my account due to frequent dropped calls. The only Carrier of the three I use with this problem. As luck would have it I got a very sharp, very well trained salesperson. One that understands the value of their customers. He asked if he could have a few minutes to inquire as to why I had drop out issues. Returning he was very honest, said they had a persistent problem with the four towers closest to my office. That there would be another 3 days work before they were ready to go back online.

He then offered me two full months service for free, in addition to a new Storm at a substantially discounted price. Thus I took him up on the deal after inspecting the new storm & noticing a highly visible improvement in build quality.

My new storm is significantly improved over the originals. The fit of the display seems to be modified around the sides as it fits tightly against the housing without the gaps & looseness of the first pair. It also has a highly different feel when entering key strokes. Much more positive and without the vague feeling that was a factor before. This Storm #3 is much like my sixth Bold. Far better than early production units. This Storm is a keeper.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    I thought you'd cancled and moved on weeks ago =P

-edit- We're all aware of how hard the addiction is to break, its ok =)

db4life777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    On my second storm because of this very issue. I got the first one on launch and this one mid-december. I have to call verizon tomorrow and get a third storm! This is the last 1st gen product I will ever buy!~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    PM
    So are you guys saying that mine is good or not the first gen right? Since i just got it like February 2nd?

PIN/ID
    PM
    Oh i found something on the box which was written as 140109. it was on the bottom right where the Made in .....all that info is. So im assuming Jan. 14, 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    I thought you'd cancled and moved on weeks ago =P

-edit- We're all aware of how hard the addiction is to break, its ok =)
    Actually that was someones assumption. I did use one of my four active lines to switch my Android phone to my primary device. & rotated the Bold to secondary. Since I'm a Smartphone enthusiast with many new models from the various companies I an constantly testing new models. That said, I was having dropped calls with VZW & intended to terminate, however that ended up being a local tower issue which they fixed as well as giving me two free months.
    I'm very happy that PinStack has been opened up to all smartphones as now I have just one forum for all my phones. As far as the Android Platform its very impressive and I'm quite happy with performance.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Archer you are such a phone enthusiast, how do you have time for a life outside of you smartphones????
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Archer you are such a phone enthusiast, how do you have time for a life outside of you smartphones????
    Great question, after years of not having time while building my company, its now mature and nearly on auto-pilot. Therefore I have the luxury of time & resources to enjoy my passion for mobile communications & computing.

~via Android Smartphone ~

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Two months here and no dust to be found.
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    PM
    i see.. do you use cases?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast