For the third time now owning the Storm I have had my phone disconnect (thinking ... BlackBerry Storm forum

nyyanksfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048AFE9

During call phone shut down with red led and restarted itself

Advertisement

For the third time now owning the Storm I have had my phone disconnect (thinking it was just a dropped call) to see a white screen then turn off with a red led and then would restart. I called Verizon Customer Service after the first time and they say thats the phone doing its job fixing itself. I dont know how to take that as wow the phone is smart and fixes itself or to be flustered that during an important phone call it decides to fix itself. Right now i used a back up phone to make that important call because I was afraid that it would happen again. I guess Im trying to get some feedback as if I should go ahead and return this thing. I love it but if its going to "fix itself" during important calls I cant trust it.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    This has happened twice for me - luckily I wasn't connected to an important phone call either time. I was browsing through my Media folder during the first reset & connected to BBMaps the other time. With all the discovered bugs on this device, I figured RIM would put an update out there that would correct the bugs along with the reset issue. I've yet to update to .92 - have you?

PIN/ID
    3048AFE9
    If that is the beta update, yes. This happened twice with the original OS and now today with the update. I have been fine with the bugs but I cannot be ok with the bugs ocurring with what first and foremost is...a cell phone.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    on my bold it was occuring with sending a txt message. Not sure if thats what you were doing or not, but thats been my experience with my bold anyway.

I was thinking it was related to one of the apps I had (live messenger, viigo, yahoo, bb messenger... who knows.....I dont.)

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    I had 2 Bolds and they both did that random reset also.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyanksfan View Post
    If that is the beta update, yes. This happened twice with the original OS and now today with the update. I have been fine with the bugs but I cannot be ok with the bugs ocurring with what first and foremost is...a cell phone.
    my pearl did it a time or two,hasn't happened yet on my storm. if it happens regularly even with new os i would swap it out before your 30 days is over. might wait till after the 12/5 date to get new os and maybe some "instock" at your local store.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    3048AFE9
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    my pearl did it a time or two,hasn't happened yet on my storm. if it happens regularly even with new os i would swap it out before your 30 days is over. might wait till after the 12/5 date to get new os and maybe some "instock" at your local store.
    Very good point Catstide, I think I will take your advice and then if that will still give me a little time to try the new one out before the 30 days are up too. I think I know whats doing it though...I was on a call using my bluetooth and was looking up a number on my contacts to give someone and thats when it happened 2 of 3 times.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    it only seemed to happen to me after I updated the OS and added some programs. Getting a new bold anyway...so will see if it was that unit, or a software conflict.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's also happen to me using my Curve. So far it hasn't happen to me on the Storm. I got it last week and just updated to .75. I can say its much faster.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    on my bold it was occuring with sending a txt message. Not sure if thats what you were doing or not, but thats been my experience with my bold anyway.

I was thinking it was related to one of the apps I had (live messenger, viigo, yahoo, bb messenger... who knows.....I dont.)
    That's happened to me as well. I don't know what is wrong, but sometimes, in areas that I used to get reception at, I no longer do. Also, in areas where I didn't get reception, I sometimes do. Is that freaky or what? But anyhow, I do get dropped calls occasionally as well. :/

PIN/ID
    3048AFE9
    Just an update for those of you who may be interested.

I had to call Verizon customer service for another mysterious restart and they decided to send me a new device. I have recieved it and let me tell you what a difference from the first one.

When pressing down on the touch screen it feels as if its free to click as compared to the first one where it felt somewhat restricted and is much more responsive. The accelerometer doesnt seem to have a mind of its own and so far no unwanted restarts (knock on wood).

The kicker is that it still has the .65 OS in it. I am hesitant to update it for the fact the phone now is running like I have originally hoped it would.

Finally! I am a happy BlackBerry Storm owner!!

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks for the update... so after the new .75 install, if the device restarts, it is considered a hardware issue?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyanksfan View Post
    Just an update for those of you who may be interested.

I had to call Verizon customer service for another mysterious restart and they decided to send me a new device. I have recieved it and let me tell you what a difference from the first one.

When pressing down on the touch screen it feels as if its free to click as compared to the first one where it felt somewhat restricted and is much more responsive. The accelerometer doesnt seem to have a mind of its own and so far no unwanted restarts (knock on wood).

The kicker is that it still has the .65 OS in it. I am hesitant to update it for the fact the phone now is running like I have originally hoped it would.

Finally! I am a happy BlackBerry Storm owner!!
    i'd upgrade it. the way you described your new .65 storm is the way mine operated from day 1. the upgrade to .75 will only help it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks