How do I stop my DM from wanting to reload update software for my storm? ... BlackBerry Storm forum

munchkinsdad no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304957E1

DM wants to reload update every session!

Advertisement

How do I stop my DM from wanting to reload update software for my storm? I cant figure it out... Thanks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    do an add/remove on the software from your control panel and that will go away.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    No need to remove software, go into options and uncheck the box that says something about checking for upgrades when the phones plugged in.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is clearly a bug, I was able to get this to stop by installing the OS twice in a row. After that I removed an app with app manager and walla, OS want to reinstall again. I also tried from a fresh 'wipe' with same results.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dashnu View Post
    This is clearly a bug, I was able to get this to stop by installing the OS twice in a row. After that I removed an app with app manager and walla, OS want to reinstall again. I also tried from a fresh 'wipe' with same results.

Again--did you set the options in the DM to not prompt for an update??
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jephs422 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3048546E
    Mine is set to update every time, and I was getting a prompt to update mine every time also. I have .75 installed, and after it would tell me to update, it would say no update necessary??? then out of no where, this morning, it didn't prompt me.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Again--did you set the options in the DM to not prompt for an update??
    I don't seem to find that option on my DM. It must be because I'm still running on 4.3 version DM.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
    4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:

A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
    B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
    C) "Check for software updates."

Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.

and then "Finish" the installation.
    Last edited by KaraBear; 12-05-2008 at 12:38 PM.