Hey All, i know there is a thread already for video converters, but i thought ... BlackBerry Storm forum

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

Question DIGITAL COPY w/dvd's

Advertisement

Hey All,
    i know there is a thread already for video converters, but i thought this may have deserved a separate thread...

So now that DVD's and BLU-Ray discs come with a DIGITAL COPY for portable players.....now on the Digital copy itself there are .wmv files, i read somewhere once that the Storm can play .wmv files, however, when i load the file into the Storm it wont play and i haven't been able to get a converter to convert it correctly. and i believe the Media Sync program for the BB's only transfers music from your itunes to you BB..... anyone have any insight on how to get the .wmv file to work on the storm?

Thanks in advance....

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Not sure how to convert them to the Storm, but I have a BB BOLD and I use an application called ConvertXDVD if I recall. If you google for a free convertor, you'll find one that will work for your device....

Edit: I found this online from google

Storm video playback: AVI, 3GP, H.264, H.263, MP4 and WMV with excellent quality

Here is a link for a step by step tool to convert DVD's and .wmv files also!

Hope this works for you and let us know if it does or doesn't.................
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 01-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah you cannot use Digital Copies on your Storm (i tried for two weeks lol) basically all you have to do is rip your DVD onto a mp4 and transfer it to your storm.
    Thats your best bet.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    It says on the cover of digital copy dvd,s that it comes with the software you need to convert to most portable players, my friends IPOD play mp4 files, as does my curve, I think so cant you just use the software that comes on the DVD ?

stynkyq2, do you happen to know the restrictions on that free version of the 3herosoft converter you posted?
    Last edited by rashard; 01-05-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah but on a mac you do get a mp4 file but only authorized to use on YOUR itunes library and apple portable players (ipod iphone)
    on a pc you get a protected wmv file as well.
    They dont want people being able to share digital copies online easily and thats understandable.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Yeah but on a mac you do get a mp4 file but only authorized to use on YOUR itunes library and apple portable players (ipod iphone)
    on a pc you get a protected wmv file as well.
    They dont want people being able to share digital copies online easily and thats understandable.
    the apple big brother
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks