I have called Verizon several times and I am just getting the run-around. They want ... BlackBerry Storm forum

brittanyisblond no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Device Errors and other issues

Advertisement

I have called Verizon several times and I am just getting the run-around. They want me to drop off my phone so they can "test it"... I am ready to go back to my pearl. UGH! Hopefully someone here can help me solve these issues.

1. If I am in an email/SMS and I'm typing fast or specifically typing "...." or "!!!" the phone will flash "device error" and shut off. Then it proceeds to take about 5 minutes to reboot.

2. There is an extremely long lag when switching from Landscape to Portrait. And sometimes it freezes on one or the other and I have to keep turning it to get it to fix.

3. Camera randomly opens and freezes up the phone. I have discovered I can get out of this ONLY by either taking out the battery (UGH!) or pressing the green "talk" button and then the red "end" button. Ridiculous.

OHHH, I have ALREADY done the Wireless upgrade and have the current software. I am over an hour from the Verizon store and don't have time to drive there, wait "approximately 2-3 hours" and then drive home. I have had other providers and Blackberry phones for years and NEVER EVER had any issues.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    that's some weird sounding stuff. i would get a replacement. i would also call the store and tell them about your 1 hour drive and ask if you could have a specific appointment time so you could just wait on the phone instead of the drop off and come back.

do you have access to a pc and have you ever updated your os on a pc? a new os might possibly correct your problems ...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    do you have access to a pc
    catstideisblondetoo
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would tend to agree with cat. If you have pc access and are comfortable doing so. I would wipe the current operating system from the device and try reloading it. Then if that doesn't work call and make an appointment so you are not waiting forever for what will probably end up being them handing you a new device because they won't figure it out in the store.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brittanyisblond no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, that it what I am on right now. As my Storm is charging already (battery dies FAST!)

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    Tell them you have a lemon. Are you within the 30 day (or whatever it is for vzw) return period? If so they should just swap it. If not try their phone support...often they are more likely to just swap the device out than the ppl in the stores.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~