Is any one else having this problem??? Ive contacted Verizon, they don't know. I also ... BlackBerry Storm forum

JIG116 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3060d9c1

Question Device Error message; shut down and reboot

Advertisement

Is any one else having this problem??? Ive contacted Verizon, they don't know. I also downloaded the latest update on the web last night which supposedly fixed this problem but I am having it again this morning.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What is the error message? Have you installed any themes or programs lately?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What error message is it ? +1
    It could be that your reinstall of the OS failed and that your phone is lacking the OS right now.

Check this link : http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-5178/

If thats the case

JIG116 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3060d9c1
    This is right out the box! It says device error then starts the re boot. No apps, no themes.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    I see that only when I am using Blackberry Messenger.. It doesnt happen very often though. I just make sure I dont keep the conversation super long. I always clear history..

EthanCole Guest
    By any chance, Does it say app error 523? That's the most common lag on the storm...

If it does....You have to reload the OS (or maybe get lucky and pull the battery out a few 5 times). I had to return about 3 storms already because of that error... it would go blank with that on there but as soon as it will reboot and the little light blue loading bar at the bottom would finish the messege will come again to reboot. I was on the phone with people here on pinstack, Verizon, and even techs from RIM trying to get it back in action for hours... yeah, Maybe I was up from 4p til 1 0r 2 at night but there were ppl here that were super cool and took hours into the night trying to help me.... Like Blackberry surgeons lol.

I got it replaced and the second I turned it on I had the Latest leaked already set and ready. I DL the .103 and its the most stable one yet. Not officially released but its better than the official

kbrosnihan no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Messenger: Device Error

Quote Originally Posted by JIG116 View Post
    This is right out the box! It says device error then starts the re boot. No apps, no themes.
    Happened on my original BB Storm and on the replacement I got a few months later... (STILL on OS .75) Still getting BlackBerry Device Error. Only when I'm in BB Messenger, it flashes a white screen, all I can make out before it reboots is Device Error (Its really small font in the center of the screen). Usually happens when I am typing a message or other function in BlackBerry Messenger. This is extremely irritating! Does anyone have any solution? I've called Verizon, they state that a new OS will be out this month (April 09), but like everyone else... I've been waiting for ever for this new OS... Will it be here in time for Christmas 09?

When the Storm works... its great. When it works... Lately my Storm is freezing up... I've been thinking about reloading the OS and starting over again from scratch... does anyone know how to backup 3rd party apps? If I reset the phone back to default settings and then use a backup file to restore will that bring the problem back? Should I just start from scratch and reset the phone to factory settings and not use a back up? (Would take a while to load my settings, contacts, and 3rd party apps... but willing if it will fix the damn issue..)

If anyone can shed light on this I would be grateful! (Is .113 as stable as they say it is? Should I not wait?)
    Thank you,

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    random restarts/reboots is a common problem with .75, .113 is far superior and way more stable than .75. I would suggest giving it a try. I have had MAYBE one restart in 3-4 weeks of using it, whereas, with .75 I would have probably 2-3 a day, which kills your battery life.

t-cellular no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Bold I had also did that and showed 523 error now the new one just reboots periodically! Waiting for ATT new os release! I am at at .167 and waiting for a fix!