ok ill try to explain this the best i can. on the storm everyone knows ... BlackBerry Storm forum

christopher24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3058f32c

custom message tone trouble

Advertisement

ok ill try to explain this the best i can.

on the storm everyone knows you can set custom ringtone/message alerts.

well say i set a message alert for my fiance, the message tone will work fine, but as soon as someone else sends me a txt it mirrors my fiance ringtone, even with the default saved, dont know why its causing this

any ideas

thanks
    christopher

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not a storm owner,but are you using the latest OS? If you haven't already give it a try unless you are content with your current OS.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3058f32c
    yea i am using the latest os, well the official latest os, if that makes sense, i just got my storm and im not trying to mess it up. im using 4.5.0.75.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    the same thing happened to me before and for some reason on my "Normal Profile" I would have custom Profiles and have a few ringtones set. Well it was working great and then the same thing you are saying happened. I went back and checked my default ringtone and for some reason it set the default to the custom ringtone. I changed the default one back and I haven't had trouble since.

Have you looked at your default again and try to change it back to the original one?
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    3058f32c
    yea i tried that, mine still says the same default ringtone, i dont know what the deal is my fiances phone is doing the same thing..... i tried hers. someone said the new os fixs the problem.

any word?

HELP!!!

PIN/ID
    ASK
    I don't know Im using .90 and I'm not having any problems. I hate to hear you are having trouble like that...
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    3058f32c
    so what you are saying is that i should update to .90. i have been reading how there are bugs with .90. what should i do

PIN/ID
    ASK
    No I am not telling you to update, This is still a beta released OS. If you wanted to upgrade to that OS that would be up to you. I am pretty fond of it so far though, greatly improves camera speed, full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode, faster in many ways. But like I said Im not telling you to upgrade.

Are you setting the custom ringtone under the contact, or you making a new Sound profile and setting the ringtone?
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    3058f32c
    im setting them under the contact. im using the loud profile, i havent made a custom profile at all yet. i dont know what the issue is, i might update, i dont know, im still nervous like i said, if i do update shold i wipe my phone or can i update over the os i have now

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher24 View Post
    im setting them under the contact. im using the loud profile, i havent made a custom profile at all yet. i dont know what the issue is, i might update, i dont know, im still nervous like i said, if i do update shold i wipe my phone or can i update over the os i have now
    I always just update the OS That I have. Have you checked out the 4.7 Beta forums? There is some good information there about people trying the betas and their feedback. But like I said don't let anyone persuade you into doing anything you don't want to do. It's your own decision.

4.7 Beta
    -Josh

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    did i miss something?? has there been a beta OS release since .86?? sorry to change topic

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    did i miss something?? has there been a beta OS release since .86?? sorry to change topic
    Yes its .90
    -Josh