Has anyone else tried the storm coming from the 8900 and has found they liked ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MotoLoco no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve 8900 user wanting to try an unlocked 9530

Advertisement

Has anyone else tried the storm coming from the 8900 and has found they liked the storm more?

I'm thinking of just getting a used unlocked one to use on Tmobile. Whats the best OS that will get "EDGE" on Tmobile? What are things I should look for before buying a used one?

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    t-mo has just released 4.6 for the 8900 that is supposed fix alot of issues. I went from an 8900 to a Storm and on exetremely rare occasions, I wish I still had my 8900. Editing is ALOT different on the Storm. I live in a low T-mo enviroment and UMA was very handy to have. I do like being able to use the full and suretype keyboard by simply rotating the device. I like my Storm and probably would not trade for anything else other than a newer Storm. The camera on both devices take beautiful pictures. You will get used to the touch screen interface... It just takes time.
    Last edited by blkbryadict; 07-20-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: fix typo

MotoLoco no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been on beta os's on the 8900 for a while. Its not that I dont like it, as a matter of fact I'll still use it but the only thing I'm not liking is the small screen and the trackball which gets stuck. I'm hoping this storm screen clicking action is smooth and fast, especially with the later beta/hybrid os's. Is it easy to get EDGE working?

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoLoco View Post
    Has anyone else tried the storm coming from the 8900 and has found they liked the storm more?

I'm thinking of just getting a used unlocked one to use on Tmobile. Whats the best OS that will get "EDGE" on Tmobile? What are things I should look for before buying a used one?
    I'm switching back from a storm to 8900. For me the keyboard is more important then the bigger screen.

You should make up a pro vs cons list for yourself and see which device will suit your needs. I also had alot of trouble with my edge signal and tried all of the os's out there.

Alot of 8900 and curve users out there, lately got themselves an ipod touch for picture viewing, web surfing, documents, etc. And stick to the curve for searious business.