Hi all, I've had my 9500 for a few weeks and have upgraded to 4.7.0.78. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2

Couple of Storm Questions

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've had my 9500 for a few weeks and have upgraded to 4.7.0.78. Overall I love the screen for browsing and reading email etc but thats about it. I can't get used to the screen based keyboard , the time lags and slow response when you tilt the screen from portrait to landscape really dissappoint me and the poor battery performance is just shocking for a device which is relied on and used so much by most users. Having said that I'm hopeful new OS upgrades will fix some/all of these in due course.

The two questions I have are:-

1. When I have the phone connected to my laptop via the micro USB and it's charging away it refuses to "ring" out loud regardless of what profile I have selected. If I'm lucky and see the screen light up as a call comes in I can answer it but it never ever "rings" when connected via USB. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. What is the mute button on the top right actually used for? I've tried pressing it in several different situations and it never seems to do anything.

All replies appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    The mute on the top of the phone only works when you are in a phone call and dont want the person your talking to on the phone to hear what your saying to someone else temporarily. Also it can be used while your listening to music to temp pause the audio.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BenEadir View Post
    Hi all,
    2. What is the mute button on the top right actually used for? I've tried pressing it in several different situations and it never seems to do anything.

Ben
    not sure about the phone ringing while connected, thats strange, if someone else doesnt answer, ill look into it.... As far as the mute button goes - its for when youre on the phone,you press that button to mute/unmute the call

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

2. The mute key usually mutes calls or it can put the phone in standby mode which helps save battery power and prevents accidental key presses when put in a pocket, case, holster, etc. I use that a lot.

DaCeige no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb

1. When I have the phone connected to my laptop via the micro USB and it's charging away it refuses to "ring" out loud regardless of what profile I have selected. If I'm lucky and see the screen light up as a call comes in I can answer it but it never ever "rings" when connected via USB. Anyone know how to fix this?
    I noticed the same problem with mine. Here's what's happening.

A. You've setup your blackberry to automatically turn on Mass Media mode when connected to a PC via the USB cable.
    B. You're using a ringtone on your media card.

Basically, when your blackberry enables Mass Media mode (since you told it to automatically), your SD card becomes mounted as a windows volume and the blackberry looses access to it. Since your ringtone is on the SD card, it looses the ability to play the ringer. I've noticed on mine, that it won't ring, even after disconnected from the computer, and requires a reboot to act right.

Here's the posible solutions.

A. Move your ringtone to the phone memory, or use a ringtone from the phone memory.
    B. Disable the Automatic Mass Media mode on the blackberry. Options -> Memory -> (Disable) Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected.

Again. When you disconnect, make sure your phone rings again. I went a few days without alerts because of this!

DaCeige no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

2. The mute key usually mutes calls or it can put the phone in standby mode which helps save battery power and prevents accidental key presses when put in a pocket, case, holster, etc. I use that a lot.
    On the storm the mute key only mutes phone calls. Doesn't seem to do standby mode

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCeige View Post
    On the storm the mute key only mutes phone calls. Doesn't seem to do standby mode
    standby is on the left side with the lock symbol on it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks