Hi. I recently got a VZW storm and set up a BIS profile for my ... BlackBerry Storm forum

doubles no está en línea Stack level 1

Corp BIS profile issues

Advertisement

Hi. I recently got a VZW storm and set up a BIS profile for my corp email (not thinking it would register with the BES service on its own).

Well once i realized I had BES services, i deleted the BIS profile and removed the service books associated with the BIS corp profile. Not only that, but I also deleted the BIS profile of my personal account for good measure....

Nonetheless, I am still receiving duplicate emails (one Desktop (secure) and the other Unknown).

I did "wipe handheld" and started over, but still didnt solve the problem.

How I can totally re-start the BIS part so that I am not receiving the BIS Corp email at all.

I do not want to involve my IT admin in this solution if at all possible.

Do I:

1) Exchange my BB for a new one with a new PIN (i am still within 30 day trial)
    2) Call VZW and ask them to "zero out" my BIS Profile
    3) Do some sort of advanced WIPE of the handheld?
    4) Something else you experts could suggest.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance to helping solve this frustrating problem. Cheers

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Um ok:

1: do you have a separate inbox on your application for your email address if yes preceded to # 2 if not go to # 3

2: go to www.blackberry.com/go/vzw enter the user name and password you used to create your account then once you sign in choose email accounts then delete it and press service books on the left hand side then go resend service books

3: go to options advanced options enterprise activation and see what the status is?

4: go to options advanced then click service books ok: if your on a bes your email is under desktop if you set it up using step # 2 you would see it listed if you see it listed should be listed twice delete both of them

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

on now what do you suggest

Hyphen. Thanks for taking the time to reply. My answers are in-line

1: do you have a separate inbox on your application for your email address if yes preceded to # 2 if not go to # 3

I only have one mailbox now, Messages, and since the wipe I did last night, I havent re-established the BIS profile for my personal mail. I hooked it up to DM and it enterprise activated to my BES. But I am still getting duplicates.

2: go to verizons BIS website and enter the user name and password you used to create your account then once you sign in choose email accounts then delete it and press service books on the left hand side then go resend service books

I tried to do this last night but because I established my BIS profiles from the device itself, when I attempted to login, I got an email from VZW stating that the PIN already had a profile and to access it from the handheld...

3: go to options advanced options enterprise activation and see what the status is?

Without doing anything based on 1-2 above, it says "Desktop Activated Jan 3 2008" (which is when I did the wipe of the whole unit)

4: go to options advanced then click service books ok: if your on a bes your email is under desktop if you set it up using step # 2 you would see it listed if you see it listed should be listed twice delete both of them

I did this last night but it seems that my BIS profiles are "stuck" and are not affected by what I do on the handheld.

In light of all this. HOW do I accomplish a more "comprehensive wipe" of the BB. I noticed that when I wiped the whole unit last night. Once I connected it to the DM ( which enables the key generation and the Enterprsie Activation) the personal BIS profile was established again on its own. That seems to me to indicate that though I delete the service books, its not getting the job done with respect to really getting rid of BIS accounts. How can I wipe this thing more effectively?

Thanks again!

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Wiping this won't fix this issue your emails are delivered via your pin so you can wipe the phone 100k's x and it wud still show up

Pin is n the profile pm me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by doubles View Post
    2: go to verizons BIS website and enter the user name and password you used to create your account then once you sign in choose email accounts then delete it and press service books on the left hand side then go resend service books

I tried to do this last night but because I established my BIS profiles from the device itself, when I attempted to login, I got an email from VZW stating that the PIN already had a profile and to access it from the handheld...
    in order to do this... open setup>email setup> hit bb button and there should be an option to create a username/password to use online on your computer - try this out and you will be able to login to bis on your computer

Dean0uga---

Nice work. Thats my answer ...thanks for your help!