I have noticed that the corners on the screen do not work. i am not ... BlackBerry Storm forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Corners of Screen does not work

Advertisement

I have noticed that the corners on the screen do not work. i am not able to click on this icons especially the View Keyboard button or the scroll down buttons on any window. Is this a common thing in all the phones or something that is a defect in my handset. at the same time the rest of the screen works fine. These corners which dont work actually highlight the icon when i press them but do not operate as expected. it will take a couple of clicks for these these icons to work. Kindly suggest.

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    As far as I was ever told you can either A: put a little piece of business card between battery and phone or B: send it back to verizon and get a new phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    A friend of mine had the same problem exactly. He is a tech guy so removed the screen and said there are screws underneath that he tightened. Problem gone. I can't be more specific but that is the fix other then returning the phone. Hope this helps.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by saneen View Post
    I have noticed that the corners on the screen do not work. i am not able to click on this icons especially the View Keyboard button or the scroll down buttons on any window. Is this a common thing in all the phones or something that is a defect in my handset. at the same time the rest of the screen works fine. These corners which dont work actually highlight the icon when i press them but do not operate as expected. it will take a couple of clicks for these these icons to work. Kindly suggest.
    Return the phone; I've had 2 replaced for that reason. Once you receive your replacement, test it out real good tapping/pressing all over the screen before you return the "original". You'd be surprised what issues you can catch right away. Maybe I'm just picky!

Thanks all for the clarification....i have a problem that i stay in india and have purchased an unlocked phone online..i will not be able to send back the phone for replacement..........Can somebody help me guide to a link to solve this problem............even a tech help on how to remove the screen and fixing the problem will also help......

I found a very useful fix to this problem........all you have to do is to buy a T6 Size Screwdriver and loosen the two screws behind the battery cover of the phone and problem solved.........if anyone requires any extra details please do write to me and i shall be happy to help you.........this fix worked like a gem on my phone.........

zalesi07 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by imafireman641 View Post
    As far as I was ever told you can either A: put a little piece of business card between battery and phone or B: send it back to verizon and get a new phone.

this is the fastest fix. I never had that problem because I always had a piece of a credit card almost to the size of the battery put in since I first got the storm... never gave me problems since... but now I'm waiting for the tour! lol

I will be selling my almost perfect condition storm (i got it in january) in the original box along with a charging dock, blackberry holster, 1 blacked out silicone that also covers the keys giving that really cool all black look and a red silicone all for 100 bucks! I'm not gonna need it anyways so might was well sell it cheap.