Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am having a problem with my profiles on the phone. I set up of ... BlackBerry Storm forum

shooterzroll no está en línea Stack level 1

Contacts over-ruling profiles

Advertisement

I am having a problem with my profiles on the phone. I set up of some of my contacts with their own ringer. But I noticed even when I have my phone set to vibrate the contacts' ringer over-rules the setting of the profile. I have the volume and vibrate function of each profile to read "active profile". By this I am under the impression that it should take whatever volume/vibration setting that I have that specific profile to have. Sorry for this not making too much sense but if anyone can actually understand me and help me figure this out it would be much appreciated.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    the vibrate only profile does not work correctly, custom ringtones overtake it, create your own custom profile and make it basically what vibrate only should do and it will work

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    the vibrate only profile does not work correctly, custom ringtones overtake it, create your own custom profile and make it basically what vibrate only should do and it will work
    will the vibe then over ride the contact profile?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    will the vibe then over ride the contact profile?
    not sure if im understanding completely but it goes like this:
    so vibrate only works ONLY if its a custom ringtone set as the default ringtone, but when you set contact alerts with custom ringtones, they still ring/make noise. To fix this, you have to create your own "vibrate" profile, this will vibrate in the case above, IF the contact alert has a custom ringtone, but "Active Profile" for all the other options(volume, etc.)

PIN/ID
    wut?
    ok...now my head is spinning....

ok...now my head is spinning....
    that didnt take much! :P... jk
    so here it goes
    his problem is - when you put your phone on vibrate only, if you have a contact alert setup for say Joe - in this alert, you have his song SmallTownGirl.mp3 as the ringtone, and have "Active profile" set for the volume, led and vibration, it will still play SmallTownGirl.mp3 when Joe calls
    HOWEVER, if you make your own custom sound profile that is essentially vibrate only, when Joe calls, it will only vibrate

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    that didnt take much! :P... jk
    so here it goes
    his problem is - when you put your phone on vibrate only, if you have a contact alert setup for say Joe - in this alert, you have his song SmallTownGirl.mp3 as the ringtone, and have "Active profile" set for the volume, led and vibration, it will still play SmallTownGirl.mp3 when Joe calls
    HOWEVER, if you make your own custom sound profile that is essentially vibrate only, when Joe calls, it will only vibrate
    nice...thanks for coloring me a picture. i understood his problem and i was trying(unsuccessfully) to ask you if the custom profile would over ride the custom contact ringer.

nice...thanks for coloring me a picture. i understood his problem and i was trying(unsuccessfully) to ask you if the custom profile would over ride the custom contact ringer.
    ha, well then its me that is stupid! but yes, this is the case, it works like a charm - so far, when you do this!

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok, i have been having the same issue as well and just figured it was something i did wrong when i set up my own profile. after reading this post , i just tried what was explained and it worked. Thank you . i set a new profile named "vibrate everything" and set every setting to : volume silent ,led on , vibration on and i left the ring tone alone.i just tried calling from my house phone (own ring tone)and my fiancee's phone (own ring tone) and it did nothing but vibrate. awsome .this became a big problem for me cause i work on a ambulance and patients sometimes have an issue with some of my ring tones lol . thank you again.

shooterzroll no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey just tried creating my own vibrate function and it worked great. Thank you for your help everyone.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    How do you edit and delete a custom profile?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    How do you edit and delete a custom profile?
    profile>custom profile....hilight the one you want to change...berry button edit/delete

I went to help option to try and tried to figure it out and when I highlight the one I want to edit/delete, I use the menu button but it takes me out of the screen, so i can't edit or delete. WTH? In the meantime, I finally figured out how to set a speed dial

Nevermind...I got one to delete so I'll edit the other. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    somethings not right...try the ole battery pull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast