So I've been lurking for some time, posted a few, but I'm relatively new to ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BobcatBomber no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Considering the Switch

Advertisement

So I've been lurking for some time, posted a few, but I'm relatively new to the BlackBerry family. I've currently got an 8830 World Edition which is my first BB. I love the BB product. So much so that my wife has a Pink Pearl.

I want the Storm, but after reading a bunch of threads here, I'm wondering if I will like it. Let me tell you about me:

I'm a casual BBer
    I utilize email for 3 accounts
    Internet is probably the most used feature
    GPS is a non-issue with me. I've got Verizon, but I hardly ever travel. BB Maps will suffice.
    I use MMS
    I sync my Outlook contacts and calendar to my BB, but hardly ever use the calendar or task feature
    I am a closet "gadget junkie"

Will I be satisfied with this phone? I'm not sure if the issues I'm reading with this phone will effect me. Is there anyone out there that switched from the 8830 that can tell me what I will immediately need adjusting to if I get this phone.

I'm sorry for "yet another thread", but I didn't know where else to put this post.

Thanks in advance!

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    I switched from the 8830 to the Storm. The 8830 was my first blackberry. I loved it to death. But I really like the storm...

I'm casual, with almost everything else listed that you have..

the hardest switch was for me to go from typing 40wpm down to 20-30...

I'm getting more use to it but Its not as good as the 8830 keyboard.

The fact that there is a camera on it is a major bonus... and I like the youtube actually working on it as well.

over all I'm very happy with the switch.
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]

BobcatBomber no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've got YouTube working on my 8830...but I hear the screen is amazing with the Storm.

I also don't want to discount the "wow" factor of having it and letting everyone else "ogle" over it

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    yeah i brought it to my sisters work and she started playing with it and all her bartender buddies surrounded her and made me tell them about it. they are all hot so i was happy lol
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]