Hello, I am awaiting for my unlocked blackberry storm 9530 to arrive in the mail. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

tjd1232008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Can MMS be sent through edge (not EDGE)?

Advertisement

Hello,
    I am awaiting for my unlocked blackberry storm 9530 to arrive in the mail. I am using at&t and want to know if the MMS feature will work with a regular edge connection... not the EDGE... I do not use the BIS internet plans .. so i do not need to install the service books... with my current 8310, I am able to send them. Do all I need to do is just configure the browser? If so, can someone type up a walkthrough for me? thanks! =)

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    MMS works fine for me without doing anything. Am I alone on this or just lucky?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    no, edge (lower case) means limited connection (voice/text capability) while EDGE means full connection (voice/data/text).

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Nah you're not alone... I'm on a Bold, sending MMS just fine on EDGE... I've never seen the edge (lowercase) at all... I can't say for certain that it will work.

krayed no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you have pay per use internet on your AT&T account your will see "edge" and yes you can send MMS. The lowercase edge means that you are connected to media net. When you are connected to both media net and blackberry servers you will get uppercase EDGE. If you do not have pay per use on your AT&T account you will get GSM and will only be allowed to send sms and make voice calls. The only blackberry that can't send mms with pay per use data on ATT is the 8100. The 8310, 8320, 8110, 8120 all can. I don't know about the newer models since I don't own them. Hope this helps a bit.