I searched, seen ATT but no tmo. Is it possible? I used to do it ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

can i tether my 9530 using tmo service

Advertisement

I searched, seen ATT but no tmo. Is it possible? I used to do it with my curve and have the same settings.
    Man In Black(berry)

jmn10016 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't know if you can but I'm pretty sure that if you do, you won't get 3G speeds when you do.

I switched from TMO to VZ and the Storm because TMO's selection of 3G phones was poor and their policy on tethering was uncertain. Prior to their 3G launch, they had been one of the most liberal on tethering. Since, they claim to be but the G1 doesn't support tethering and I understand that they are capping bandwidth at 1GB.

TMO's 3G spectrum is 1700/2100 MHz uplink/down while the storm only supports UMTS/HSDPA @ 2100 MHz that why my bet is that tethering with the Storm on TMO would be at EDGE speeds rather than 3G.

Finally, I can tether (one of the primary reasons for my switch from TMO to VZ) but I've only been successful using the VZAccess Manager. When I was on TMO, I was able to use DUN to tether but that doesn't seem to work on VZ with the Storm.

Hope that helps

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Dang I was hoping we could figure something out. Never know we still might~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    I searched, seen ATT but no tmo. Is it possible? I used to do it with my curve and have the same settings.

Only if the Storm has the capability to do it. I have a bold that I am using on Tmo. I set you a connection on my pc and am able to get on the Internet. But is not 3g speed.

If you want to know the set up I can send you the steps. Shoot me an email. 305buddyluv@gmail.com
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I think I still got the settings. I tethered 2 curves, 1 att, 1 tmo. Both were using tmo service and it worked fine.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~