Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I've made the decision. I'm going to shell out appox. 1125 US for a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4

Calling all 95XX owners.

Advertisement

Well I've made the decision. I'm going to shell out appox. 1125 US for a 9500 in about a weeks time. (Unless someone is willing to help me out *wink*) I've been doing research and i still need some live feedback from people with the 9500 Storm.

Also i would like to know what to look for if i got a defective device. 9530 owners please feel free to chime in here as well.

Thanks!
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    In what world do you live in where it will cost you 1,125 for a Storm?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah dont pay 1125 for an unlocked storm.
    PM Me if you are in Ontario, Canada
    Scratch that just realized youre in Barbados
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-13-2008 at 04:47 PM.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    Since he specified USD I am assuming that's the price of a storm after the currency conversion from pounds to dollars.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah but why would you want a 9500 for that much over an unlocked 9530 since they are the SAME phone. Both wont get you NAM 3G and the 9530 is basically just the 9500+an additional CDMA radio.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Those of us that live in the USA are very fortunate to be able to buy a new BlackBerry via our carriers subsidy program, for far less money than in the rest of the world.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Since he specified USD I am assuming that's the price of a storm after the currency conversion from pounds to dollars.
    Never Assume:

bajanbastard lives in Barbados, thus the currency is in BarBados Dollars.
    At the current exchange rate:

1 US Dollar = 2.02000 Barbados Dollars
    Last edited by archer6; 12-13-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Don't be suprised at the prices i'd have to pay for a new Berry via a carrier.

Here are some eg:

Bold 800.00 USD (was 600 USD with LIME and then magically price jumped w/o reason or warning)

8320 Curve 660.00 USD

8220 Flipberry 590 USD

But wait i'm not done then you gotta get a data plan! Yay! The plan is not bad though at about 17 USD month for unlimited data.

Independant retailers can be a tiny bit cheaper/expensive but at least their berries are unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    yeah but why would you want a 9500 for that much over an unlocked 9530 since they are the SAME phone. Both wont get you NAM 3G and the 9530 is basically just the 9500+an additional CDMA radio.
    Well no G3 network here so that's not an issue for me. However i always thought the 9500 was the better Storm to get being it comes unlocked. But now you're telling me the 9530 is the 9500 with a CDMA radio that makes things alot easier on my pocket. Thanks alot for the tip.

Hahaha. Always onn the bell eh Archer?

Thanks for all the replies.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah you can definitely buy yourself an unlocked 9530 off ebay itll work just as well i actually have two of them and use them on GSM networks and works perfectly
    That will indeed save you a lot of money!

Just got the price for a javelin. 965 bucks for the QWERTZ Tmo Germany and a cheap cheap 1000 for the QWERTY Rogers. Yay! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah you can definitely buy yourself an unlocked 9530 off ebay itll work just as well i actually have two of them and use them on GSM networks and works perfectly
    That will indeed save you a lot of money!
    How does the net work for you off EDGE? Slow? Or is it okay? I know TMO's bberrys internet is faster than their other phones because of something they do with the s/w.

Was wondering if it's worth it or not. I'm on VZW's test drive but man I so much prefer TMO as a company.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    How does the net work for you off EDGE? Slow? Or is it okay? I know TMO's bberrys internet is faster than their other phones because of something they do with the s/w.

Was wondering if it's worth it or not. I'm on VZW's test drive but man I so much prefer TMO as a company.
    EVERY SINGLE test ive done for Storm on EDGE vs Bold on 3G was won by the Storm.
    Search and youll see why weve already had a big discussion on this.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Just got the price for a javelin. 965 bucks for the QWERTZ Tmo Germany and a cheap cheap 1000 for the QWERTY Rogers. Yay! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    GOD 1000$ for 8900 ? send me money (outright price + shipping) and ill buy and ship one out to you from Canada just like i did for hayden

Wow thanks Ranxoren I really appreciate the offer I'll pin/PM you.
    GOD 1000$ for 8900 ? send me money (outright price + shipping) and ill buy and ship one out to you from Canada just like i did for hayden

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Wow, I bought a 8900 from ebay last week for only $698 USD when using microsoft cashback, only gave me 8% off but it was instant cashback instead of having to wait 60 days.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast