Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK...so I was noticing that after a Google sync my calendar suddenly had every appointment ... BlackBerry Storm forum

brandonalt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30601e17

Calendar Issue

Advertisement

OK...so I was noticing that after a Google sync my calendar suddenly had every appointment duplicated. So, I started playing around a bit and I found that the reason it's all duplicated is because apparently, my google calendar (which I prefer to use) is being dumped to my Yahoo calendar and they are BOTH displaying.

So, my question is...how can I remove the Yahoo calendar from my Storm?

Thanks.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    are you syncing your yahoo calendar sing the DM? if so, just go and empty out your yahoo calendar and do another sync and all the yahoo calendar entries will disappear... and after that, since google will dump into it again if yo choose for it to do that, just dont sync the yahoo calendar with the DM anymore...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    30601e17
    I'm not actually using DM to sync anything. I'm just using the google sync.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    do you by any chance have your yahoo account set as your default calendar? (dont know if that would affect it, but if youre not syncing your yahoo calendar from anywhere, i dont know how it would get on your device to begin with...)
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    30601e17
    I checked that and its not the default calendar. Google is.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    how did your yahoo calendar end up on your device before you synced google calendar?
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    30601e17
    Dunno. I didn add it at all. Just set up to pull my yahoo mail same way I set up for gmail. Any idea how to get it off?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    if you remove your yahoo account from your bb, does it go away? although im certain it wont... i think its just the google calendar doubling you up... dont think it has anything to do with yahoo at all...

infact, i think this may be an issue with google calendar cuz i vaguely seem to recall someone else mentioning the same...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    30601e17
    You know, I thought that too. But when I select just the google calendar or just the yahoo calendar the dupes go away. I haven't tried removing just the yahoo account yet. Would removing the yahoo calendar service book work?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    so if you go into your device calendar you can see your google calendar with your google account and your yahoo calendar with your yahoo account...

and when you select show all, you're gonna see both google n yahoo and since they have the same info, youre getting doubles...

the only way to deal with this would be to delete the entire calendar that you dont prefer... so if you like google calendar, youre gonna have to log into yahoo and delete all the yahoo calendar entries... if you delete the yahoo calendar service book, it'll prolly just come back after a little while... so therefore, to eliminate doubles, you'll have to basically blank out one calendar...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    so if you go into your device calendar you can see your google calendar with your google account and your yahoo calendar with your yahoo account...

and when you select show all, you're gonna see both google n yahoo and since they have the same info, youre getting doubles...

the only way to deal with this would be to delete the entire calendar that you dont prefer... so if you like google calendar, youre gonna have to log into yahoo and delete all the yahoo calendar entries... if you delete the yahoo calendar service book, it'll prolly just come back after a little while... so therefore, to eliminate doubles, you'll have to basically blank out one calendar...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    30601e17
    Well that sucks...that wasn't the answer I was looking for. :-) Nothing like a time consuming ULTRA tedious task. Thanks for the help!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    yea, sorry man... wish i had somethin better for ya...
    i see RED...

medleyml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30503A19
    I don't know what was causing this as I don't even have a yahoo account on my BB and mine was doing this too but suddenly it has stopped this and is behaving as it should!?????????

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol... as long as its working, dont mess with it...
    i see RED...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast