i thought this was another "storm haters united" thing until i got my second storm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

buttons hard to push?

Advertisement

i thought this was another "storm haters united" thing until i got my second storm in the mail today. the bottom lefthand corner was very hard to push. i might not have thought a lot about it(would have complained though)if it had not been the second storm i purchased. since i have another storm that works great i had something to compare it to. the button was very hard to push and didn't give you the "click" sensation. it still works but is not right.i took it to the verizon store and they have ordered me another one. if yours is doing this,don't think it's normal and it just sucks...it's a bad phone.take it back and have another one ordered.you can keep your old one to play with till the new one comes in.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i thought this was another "storm haters united" thing until i got my second storm in the mail today. the bottom lefthand corner was very hard to push. i might not have thought a lot about it(would have complained though)if it had not been the second storm i purchased. since i have another storm that works great i had something to compare it to. the button was very hard to push and didn't give you the "click" sensation. it still works but is not right.i took it to the verizon store and they have ordered me another one. if yours is doing this,don't think it's normal and it just sucks...it's a bad phone.take it back and have another one ordered.you can keep your old one to play with till the new one comes in.
    This is indeed an issue as I too just returned mine. Fortunately the manager there was good enough to hand me a brand new one that had just arrived in their shipment. They had not even opened the box from UPS having arrived at about the same time I did. Lucky timing on my part and a good manager, insured that now I have one that is OK, so far...

Must have been my lucky weekend as I picked up my FOURTH Bold, and finally got one that is well made, works as it should, and represents RIM as they should be. A great company capable of creating terrific smartphones.

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    mine works but when you are in landscape does the "a key" feel really stiff and have an almost nonexistent click to it? mine does and im just wondering if thats sort of what youre talking about?

bbguy2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the useful info, cat. It would be so easy to assume that buttons that are hard to press are just the way it is. I will keep it in mind when I get my storm

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Give it time! Soon the Storms will be in perfect condition. It's to great to have these problems.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by dparks69 View Post
    mine works but when you are in landscape does the "a key" feel really stiff and have an almost nonexistent click to it? mine does and im just wondering if thats sort of what youre talking about?
    sounds like it's faulty. every spot on the screen clicks the same for me. none are harder to push than others.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    sounds like it's faulty. every spot on the screen clicks the same for me. none are harder to push than others.
    Ditto.

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    mine just developed this problem after 3 days... Bottom left corner of the screen (when in portrait mode) feels like its already depressed. It sucks because this is the spot you hit for "show keyboard", "numbers", and "period"... For now I'm getting by and sometimes using the cumbersome full qwerty. I will be bringing it back tomorrow...and planning to wait for a replacement.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Us AT&T people appreciate the Verizon people beta-testing these storms for us. ;-)