Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by terrapin wait till November 2009 when ATT releases the bold - I'm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    wait till November 2009 when ATT releases the bold - I'm sure you'll dig it.
    I'm sure you're right. Especially since I haven't met a BlackBerry I didn't like yet. Just some are better than others....
    sent via BlackBerry
    Is there anything else?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Touch screens just don't provide the accuracy that a real keyboard can provide. Just ask anyone that used an iPhone.

All those people comparing the iPhone to the Bold is nuts. They are different phones targeted at different markets. I think the Thunder is going to be another iPhone with a better (stable) OS. But because it lacks the full screen browser (who knows it may have one), it will not be as successful as the iPhone.

If you want a phone for YouTube and internet, get an iPhone, they have the best browser on a portable device.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I think the Thunder is going to be another iPhone with a better (stable) OS. But because it lacks the full screen browser (who knows it may have one), it will not be as successful as the iPhone.
    I'd rather wait & deal with facts. Until the Thunder is released for sale, we do not know what it's final configuration will be. That said, here's my take based on the great track record of RIM. Their touch screen BlackBerry will be a very good model. After all, every BlackBerry to date has been good. Will it be better than an iPhone? Too soon to tell. However I can say after first hand experience with the iPhone, that the phone function is so bad, I certainly couldn't live with all the dropped calls & static. It's why I bought an iTouch. All the benefits of the multimedia experience, and no expensive plan or contract & no crappy phone.

sent via BlackBerry

Concept Guest
    I think the storm is more media centric and will be great for those who don't type that many emails. Its focused more towards the younger crowd who do all the short hand typing for SMS (R U gon 2 class 2day?) and want a great media phone. I highly doubt many business types will get the storm because no matter how well the keyboard is implemented, its gotta be hell to type out more than a few sentences on it.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    why is everyone so up on the Bold? how many blackberry's will be released for this chipset? the bold is the first and very quickly we've seen the storm and javalyn, for me personally i'm waiting for the curve replacement (i forget the name but it is sweet) or i will wait to see what the next gen pearl has to offer me because i don't like flip phones and i want to have actuall buttons. i didn't want the 8800 because it was too big so the same applies for the bold. the pearl was the best seller and now people are jumping all over the bold because it's new??? if you didn't like the 8800 why would you like the bold???, well how about waiting for what you want unless you have acces to switch bb's every month. the 8700, 8800, 8300, 8100 are all the same just diff amenities(wifi, gps, camera)

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    I think the storm is more media centric and will be great for those who don't type that many emails. Its focused more towards the younger crowd who do all the short hand typing for SMS (R U gon 2 class 2day?) and want a great media phone. I highly doubt many business types will get the storm because no matter how well the keyboard is implemented, its gotta be hell to type out more than a few sentences on it.
    I agree with you 100%. That's the beauty of RIM's approach is they make a variety of form factors. This way one can choose which device is the best for them. I think the Storm will be a big seller, and from what I've seen of the early prototypes, this is going to be a very well thought out touch screen BlackBerry, with great build quality. So one will get the legendary BlackBerry reliability, crash proof device with a touch screen. A great model.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    why is everyone so up on the Bold? if you didn't like the 8800 why would you like the bold???
    The Bold is a very different model from the 8800. The only thing they have in common is they are exactly the same size. The Bold has a new improved keyboard, a hi-resolution screen, a different OS & UI. It's 3G and there are many other improvements.
    i'm waiting for the curve replacement (i forget the name but it is sweet)
    The upcoming Javelin is the replacement for the Curve
    the 8700, 8800, 8300, 8100 are all the same just diff amenities(wifi, gps, camera)
    These are _not_ the same, not even close.
    They are four distinctly different form factors / sizes.
    Here are the sizes so that you can see the differences:

8100 - 107 x 50 x 14.0 mm

8300 - 107 x 60 x 15.5 mm

8700 - 110 x 69 x 19.5 mm

8800 - 114 x 66 x 14.0 mm

Cheers

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    imo... get the bold the thunder the 8220 (kickstart) and the javelin (curve 2) and have a happppppy day
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The Bold is a very different model from the 8800. The only thing they have in common is they are exactly the same size. The Bold has a new improved keyboard, a hi-resolution screen, a different OS & UI. It's 3G and there are many other improvements.

The upcoming Javelin is the replacement for the Curve

These are _not_ the same, not even close.
    They are four distinctly different form factors / sizes.
    Here are the sizes so that you can see the differences:

8100 - 107 x 50 x 14.0 mm

8300 - 107 x 60 x 15.5 mm

8700 - 110 x 69 x 19.5 mm

8800 - 114 x 66 x 14.0 mm

Cheers

the bold is the upgrade to the 8800, they are different but my point is if you want the bold now you would have wanted the 8800, if you want the javalyn you would have wanted the curve. the 8700, 8800, 8100, 8300 are the same device. screen sizes are amenities like wifi or gps and expandable memory. they run on the same processor, same ram and all do the same core blackberry things. the only thing that sets them apart is expandable memory, screen size, camera, wifi or gps. they are the same core phone with different cases and goodies. kinda like if i took my home desktop pc out of its case and put it into a new case with blue lights and then put a web cam on the monitor and call it a different pc, well it's not it still runs the same stuff just as fast, if i put a newer OS on it then it may run faster or look better but the only thing that sets the 8700 apart is that they stopped upgrading the amenities. you can still have 4.5 with html email. since it doesn't have the camera or expandable memory you cannot watch movies or use it as an mp3 player but essentially it is the same core device, they all are the same. kinda like the new devices all so far have a 624mhz processor and 128 flash memory with 1gb storage onboard: the bold, the storm, and the new pearl 8220 flip phone, and the javalyn. so dispite a touch screen or flip design its the same device just different options

im pretty sure that the Jav doesnt have the 624mhz processor its like 512 or something still faster than the older generation curves though

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Touch screens just don't provide the accuracy that a real keyboard can provide. Just ask anyone that used an iPhone.

All those people comparing the iPhone to the Bold is nuts. They are different phones targeted at different markets. I think the Thunder is going to be another iPhone with a better (stable) OS. But because it lacks the full screen browser (who knows it may have one), it will not be as successful as the iPhone.

If you want a phone for YouTube and internet, get an iPhone, they have the best browser on a portable device.
    the storm from things i've read around the web say it should have a full web browser

sorry for the two posts back to back

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    If you have the money just get both.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

i have the money to get both but i cannot bare to even consider using another network other than rogers let alone not being gsm based

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12