Here is what I got. I am using a bluetooth adaptor on an XP SP3 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth - pairing storm with XP desktop

Advertisement

Here is what I got. I am using a bluetooth adaptor on an XP SP3 machine. I did not install the thrird party software and driver for the adaptor. Windows got a driver from windows update when I plugged the adaptor in and went throgh the install process.

I go through the process of setting up a new device through windows bluetooth software. In short...the desktop "sees" the 9530 and my 9530 "sees" the desktop but they will not "pair"

On the 9530 I goto Options>bluetooth. click on the desktop device I just set up and there is not an option to "connect" Also, in options under the same device. Services has "desktop Connectivity" gray out.

Anyone know what to do?

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Did you try putting the device in pairing mode and set the device to be discovered by the desktop?even on the device on your pc there should be a discovery mode option. And bonding mode options. Which should be set to accept bonding. After that check connecting mode. Should be set to connectable. Then try again once paired. Then refresh services.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by rajafarhan; 02-26-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    Did you try putting the device in pairing mode and set the device to be discovered by the desktop?even on the device on your pc there should be a discovery mode option. And bonding mode options. Which should be set to accept bonding. After that check connecting mode. Should be set to connectable. Then try again once paired. Then refresh services.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I think the problem is not with the PC it is with the device. Under Options>Blutooth>berry Key>options. Under services - Desktop connectivity and Wireless bybass are both grayed out. From what I have been reading is that I have to have both those options available to connect via bluetooh. One foot note is that the phone was on BES now it is BIS if that matters.

Any ideas?

One more note, I got the same result trying to coneect to a Mac. The device would "pair" but would not "connect"

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I had issues with this at first with my very first BB. Had to install certain drivers to sync and what ever what not.

Try this link...I know it's not exactly what you're asking but if you can get it to desktop sync that should solve the connectivity issues

http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/how_set_bluetooth_pc_connectivity_desktop_sync-1374/

I think the main issue is that on my device "Desktop connectivity and Wireless bybass" are gray out. These options need to be available for wireless synce.

I have not problems syncing outlook via USB. Again, My PC and device "pair" but the desktop connectivity is not allowed.

Any more ideas?