Recently I upgraded from a BB Curve 8330 (OS v4.5) to the BB Storm 9530 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

arylin no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth in car

Advertisement

Recently I upgraded from a BB Curve 8330 (OS v4.5) to the BB Storm 9530 (OS .76). My Curve had no problem with Bluetooth connectivity in my Jaguar XF 2009. With the Storm I am having a few issues;

* For no apparent reason the car and phone lose connection and I have to force a re-connection. (Probably every 20 min or so)

* The phonebook and “10 most recent” lists do not sync properly (I get the phone # but no names). In fact the name field also has the phone number.

* Often the person I’m speaking to complains of a lot of noise (crackle) on the line.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm gonna suggest it's the Jag. I love Jaguars, always have. Of course it's a storm and I'm not familiar with any potential problems with that but...what BT problems have you had outside the car? (I rest my case.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ive seen this happen before. you need to get rid of the jag... jk...

i had similar problems on another bluetooth equipped car. every phone i used withh the car had the same problems, so i deemed it to be a problem with the bluetooth setup in the car. i demonstrated to the dealer, and they replaced the bluetooth equipment.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    It does sound like it's the car. Maybe you need to synch/pair the Storm with the car again and cross your fingers while it's pairing. That's a very key step! Maybe your dealer has a trick up their sleeve. I know with my Mini Cooper various phones and various OS do different things with the phonebook and with the name dialing. There's a whole sticky on it in the Mini forum.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

robrage no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hear a mixture of xf and STORM don't go well. So get rid of one them jk. However I know xf and iPhone go together very very well. So start to think of an iPhone, I hear macs are good. Good luck
    Last edited by robrage; 01-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would replace the Bold first if I were you. It's a heck of a lot easier to replace the phone than it is to replace a $30-40K car. I had a Plantronics that did the same thing you mentioned about dropping connections with the phone. In my case it was my BB 7100t at the time. I ended up trashing the headset and replacing the phone a few months later due to hardware issues.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-16-2009 at 01:15 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Another thing is to try to see if something is wrong with the car kit, not the car itself. That may be another issue.

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have aftermarket alpine bt installed and it works fine