I found the performance of the phone to be very slow. Infact my previous phone ... BlackBerry Storm forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Storm Too Slow

Advertisement

I found the performance of the phone to be very slow. Infact my previous phone BBPearl also had the same problem. Is it something we should expect in all blackberry phones or is there a solution to this problem. Kindly suggest.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What makes the performance slow for you? Constant hourglass? Slow web browsing?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by saneen View Post
    I found the performance of the phone to be very slow. Infact my previous phone BBPearl also had the same problem. Is it something we should expect in all blackberry phones or is there a solution to this problem. Kindly suggest.
    What OS are you running? and also what are some of the apps that you have installed? How about your free memory what is it at?
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    What makes the performance slow for you? Constant hourglass? Slow web browsing?
    Ya its the Hourglass, i have started to realise that it has become part of the screen all the time..........and sometimes it never disappears..........

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    What OS are you running? and also what are some of the apps that you have installed? How about your free memory what is it at?
    I have been running the same OS that came with the phone.........have never installed any other applications and seem to have lots of free memory.......my question is will changing OS help.........if yes which OS is a stable one to upgrade......

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    OS .148 !!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Robert03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Upgrading your OS will definitely improve performance. In addition there are certain things you can do to help. Make sure you regularly delete your browsing history as well as clearing your cashe history. In addition you can delete unused programs such as in my case VZ Nav and Visual Voicemail. These programs can eat up a lot of space causing your phone to react slowly. Properly exiting out of programs by pressing Menu Close as opposed to just hitting the red End button keeps
    programs from running in the background. Lastly a good ole fashioned battery pull will keep your storm running smooth! One final tip regarding the internet. Go to options/advanced options and change your mobile network from Global to 1XEV for a faster web browsing experiencing. Hope that helps you!

Thanks all for the wonderful support and suggestions........i shall plan to upgrade to OS-148 this weekend.......

Keep us updated too

PIN/ID
    Apple
    For sure keep us updated! I'm running a hybrid and it works great with a few app problems, youmail, stitcher, that's it. I'm also using it on att and tmobile so it may be better for you if your on vzw. The hybrid is faster in every aspect vs .148. I don't have random reboots and I think as of right now its as good as its going to get. That being said I'm selling mine due to lack of speed, by that I mean transitions from app to app and just slower overall. Now I use a Bold as my everyday device so I compare it to that. Not really fair. Once 5.0 for the storm comes out I belive everything will be a lot better as it will be designed for a touch device and not an OS that has been adapted.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Also remember that once you update to the newer os that it will take a good 72 hrs to "settle in". So don't be too impatient with it at first. After 2 weeks of running the OS I'm on now all the kinks worked themselves out.

Robert03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    BHP77,

Hybrid?? Due tell... First I've heard of it? I think I want it and I don't even know what it is! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robert03 View Post
    BHP77,

Hybrid?? Due tell... First I've heard of it? I think I want it and I don't even know what it is! lol
    LOL

If it's for BlackBerry, we always want it even if we don't know what or why
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Jahmezz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I upgraded to .148 That Sunday it was officially available. After installing this I must say it is a big improvement over .75 but it's still slow, by alot. I did a clean wipe and clean installation, same. I'm on my 3rd BlackBerry Storm. I'm just going to get The BlackBerry Tour when it comes out. Love my Storm, think it's a great concept phone, but the software doesn't back it up.
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely

jabubb4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Jahmezz - I had the same problem with .148 I upgraded from one of the beta. I finally decided to try the jl-cmdr using the tutorial from this link How To: Use JL_Cmder to Wipe A BlackBerry Once it was completed, it was like i had a totally new phone. Of coarse i reverted back to the beta .148 os, instead of the official one from verizon. No lock ups, weak signals, random reboots, or Long delays(hour glass), etc since. Hope this helps. It made me start liking my Storm again.
    Last edited by jabubb4; 07-09-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: correction