Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have noticed that the lower right/left corners of my screen are often "sticky" and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

tommy0178 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Storm Screen Issues

Advertisement

I have noticed that the lower right/left corners of my screen are often "sticky" and when I click on them they seem slightly unresponsive unless i push down and then i hear a "click". I also notice that my screen moves quite a bit up/down & left/right.

Other forums have mentioned that these issues can be fixed with a "piece of paper/business card" but i don't feel that i should have to correct it in this manner.

Further forums seem to indicate that it may be a hardware defect related to the model 19502 and that a new model 21009 has this corrected.

I purchased my storm on December 10 (telus) so it is still within the 30 days. Any advice as to whether I should ask for a new one?

tommy0178 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh i should add that other than this (slight but possibly big issue as time goes on) i freakin' love this device!

TheMacMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine did the same thing. I called Verizon and after 5 minutes of software "adjustments" the determined that the screen was defective. I got a new one overnight with a return box for the old one. The new one is near flawless. So, call your crier.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy0178 View Post
    I have noticed that the lower right/left corners of my screen are often "sticky" and when I click on them they seem slightly unresponsive unless i push down and then i hear a "click". I also notice that my screen moves quite a bit up/down & left/right.

Other forums have mentioned that these issues can be fixed with a "piece of paper/business card" but i don't feel that i should have to correct it in this manner.

Further forums seem to indicate that it may be a hardware defect related to the model 19502 and that a new model 21009 has this corrected.

I purchased my storm on December 10 (telus) so it is still within the 30 days. Any advice as to whether I should ask for a new one?
    The paper trick works, but I agree you shouldn't have to do such a thing. I would get a replacement from Verizon. Also, there has been no new hardware version. Nothing has changed. Some are simply made better than others. But definitely no new hardware.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    my Telus unit is simply flawless. My verizon one needed the business card trick but the Telus one is again flawless so i would recommend asking for a new one.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    my Telus unit is simply flawless. My verizon one needed the business card trick but the Telus one is again flawless so i would recommend asking for a new one.
    I agree. I don't agree with putting foreign objects into a brand new device I just paid hundreds of dollars for to get it to work. It may take a bit to get the replacement in but at least it will be right.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    So there should not be a load of movement left.right.up.down in the screen. I have found that the corner near the call button does not click. Calling into my carrier today about the battery.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Question questions about the screen.

heres my question

I mean when i shake my phone the screen doesnt move at all, but is it supposed to move around up/down/left/right when you slide it hard enough?

Also, are all the press points of your screen feel the same? My bottom one around the space bar on sure type it seems light and not too deep when pressing.
    Last edited by xtasyboi_00; 02-10-2009 at 03:22 AM.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, the screen is going to move around slightly. As for the different press points on the screen, my screen responds the same whether it's the corner or center of screen.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 02-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2
    My screen moves..but unfortunately I can't ask
    For replacement since I bought it from ebay...so the new
    One really doesn't move at all?

~via smartphone~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by active_user View Post
    My screen moves..but unfortunately I can't ask
    For replacement since I bought it from ebay...so the new
    One really doesn't move at all?

~via smartphone~
    the screen is supposed to move slightly
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jamie_2692 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is basically a floating screen which I believe is how they have made it clickable. The only part that feels different for me is the very bottom on the black border and I know that's not a problem because it's not a part that you can give input to, just the border that the glass happens to cover. Otherwise all parts of my screen feel the same when I click it.

PIN/ID
    PM
    Okay im on my 8th day with this phone so im returninig it for a new one.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yes it is supposed to move but as catstide said, SLIGHTLY.
    My first storm had screen problems and would move A LOT. The second one which was flawless, the screen barely moved.

PIN/ID
    PM
    OK my second one is better when it comes to screen movement and screen click. It all feels the same on every part of the screen,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast