Has anyone downloaded the new OS update, any good, any problems?... BlackBerry Storm forum

cellularconnection no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Storm New OS upgrade 5.0

Advertisement

Has anyone downloaded the new OS update, any good, any problems?

kcschultz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    At rest
    I have not seen any official 5.0 releases to date. I think there is a leaked copy floating around the web, but it has issues. you amy want to read the rules, you wont find anything other than official releases here.

MartyMcfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Yea i don't think the new os won't be released until the end of 2009. Im running the leaked version i like it so far, the only downfall is a lot of apps(facebook im apps) will not work with it.
    "I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Seems like it's taking a fairly long time for RIM to produce an update for the Storm. Seeing that it had a few issues in the beginning, I thought they'd be faster. Especially when it is supposed to rival the iPhone
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

cellularconnection no está en línea Stack level 1
    What are your takes on the new storm. I read an article that they are launching it around October. An upgrade to the original storm seems like it would cause some controversy with people who have the original. Do you think they will over some type of special upgrade for the original storm owners or will they just forget about them?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by cellularconnection View Post
    What are your takes on the new storm. I read an article that they are launching it around October. An upgrade to the original storm seems like it would cause some controversy with people who have the original. Do you think they will over some type of special upgrade for the original storm owners or will they just forget about them?
    Nothing will be done for the owners of Storm 1. You're SOL if you have the current Storm.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

lilcasper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well verizon says the storm 2 is all internet rumors so ill believe it when I see it plus why would they help storm 1 get it iphone dont beside that's like buys a car 2009 then the 2010model comes out are they going to help I think not
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

pkk8850 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank

harleyrd no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Upgraded with problem

I upgraded my storm to 5.0 .. the one major problem I am having is when on a phone call I can not use my button like to enter voice mail password, or to dial an extension once in a call things like that. Anybody having the same issue?

kcschultz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    At rest
    Mine seems to work just fine. Are you clicking on the key to bring the number keys back up?