Alright, I've decided to get the Storm 9500 (NOT the Verizon version) as a 2nd, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Blackberry Storm 9500 (GSM/Vodafone version) 3G question!??!

Advertisement

Alright, I've decided to get the Storm 9500 (NOT the Verizon version) as a 2nd, and backup, Blackberry to complement my BB Bold 9000.

One question I have not been able to find a satisfactory answer to.

Does the BlackBerry Storm 9500 (not Verizon, not 9530!!!) GSM/Vodafone version have TRI-BAND 3G (UMTS/HSDPA)??? I know it had quad-band EDGE, but I'm obviously looking for the 850 and 1900MHz bands...

Thanks everyone!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Vodafone NL states that the Storm has it
    • Netwerk: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900/2100
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Yea, I know it's GSM quad-band, but 3G (UMTS and HSDPA)...It has the 2,100MHz band naturally, but I need to know if it has the 850/1900MHz bands!

Thanks again, everybody!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No it does not. You'll be able to enjoy your storm but on EDGE speeds only while you're in NAM.
    But whenever you go to Europe it'll pick up 3G. Because it doesn't have the NAM 3G frequencies.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ranxoren is correct. Also if you plan on getting a 9500, try and get one from Germany. They come unlocked, it's the law.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have committed myself to getting a Storm (9500) now, it will cost me 2100 local dollars (1050 USD) imported and unlocked though. That part sucks.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Actually, France has the law about them being unlocked. I co-incidentally will be going to Germany, and since the keyboard won't be an issue, I decided to get one regardless of the NA 3G frequencies.

Bummer though, what if Europeans want to come to the U.S., or Canada and work at 3G speeds...That's weird for such a "wordly" device. The Bold has all frequencies, doesn't it?

The fact that WiFi is not available on either Storm is not helpful either.

I called over there last night and a Voda guy said that the Storm is a great device for extending contracts due to its high degree of subsidy.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The Bold does have triband HSDPA indeed. I am still wondering why they didnt implement that on the Vodafone version...
    Verizon version i get it (unlock and use on GSM NAM carriers) but the Vodafone one ... hmm...
    Anyways the 9500 is the one i will be getting too HOPEFULLY TOMORROW (i know i wrote this in every single one of my latest posts but thats because everytime i get close to getting an unlocked storm something happens ... and im really praying that i finally do get it tomorrow)

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Actually, France has the law about them being unlocked. I co-incidentally will be going to Germany, and since the keyboard won't be an issue, I decided to get one regardless of the NA 3G frequencies.

Bummer though, what if Europeans want to come to the U.S., or Canada and work at 3G speeds...That's weird for such a "wordly" device. The Bold has all frequencies, doesn't it?

The fact that WiFi is not available on either Storm is not helpful either.

I called over there last night and a Voda guy said that the Storm is a great device for extending contracts due to its high degree of subsidy.
    Right, I know the Storm from Voda Germany comes with QWERTZ, QWERTY, AZERTY options. Good luck.

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    I got a 9530 sooo
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]