I'm having a difficult time installing italian on a blackberry 9550. By having I hard ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Storm 2 Adding Display Language

Advertisement

I'm having a difficult time installing italian on a blackberry 9550. By having I hard time I mean I can't LoL. On my 8900 I can select from a long list of languages but for some reason I can only choose from 4 on the 9550. How do I go about getting italian loaded onto this device. Thanks in advance for the help.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You'll need to download and install the latest OS for your device onto your PC. Afterwards, you should be able to add it by using the add/remove feature in Desktop Manager.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Make sure you get the multi language version of the OS also.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Thanks for the replies guys. I've searched and searched and havent found an OS for the 9550 with italian in it. Even one that I found on google that said multi language only had French, Portugese and Spanish. Now I've heard that I can take the COD files from another os containing the language I need and create a alx file. But none explain what COD files I need and how to write an alx file. Any help would be great. I mean I have searched and I'm not asking to be spoon fed. Just need a little guidance. Thanks again guys.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from RIMGeeks can install .COD files, but as far as taking them from another installation, that's beyond my technical scope. I haven't had the need to piece together an installation of any kind. However, I can't imagine the language files themselves are all that different. They're merely translations of the commands and menus, so I'd say it's likely possible. I'll look around and see if I can get you a better answer.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I bet the cod files from the 9520 Storm2 (which is what is sold in Italy) would work. Not sure which ones you would need thou. Perhaps you could transfer all the language cods from the 9520 software?
    Rich C.

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I know BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from RIMGeeks can install .COD files, but as far as taking them from another installation, that's beyond my technical scope. I haven't had the need to piece together an installation of any kind. However, I can't imagine the language files themselves are all that different. They're merely translations of the commands and menus, so I'd say it's likely possible. I'll look around and see if I can get you a better answer.
    This is what I've heard and have tried. I have found in 8900 os a cod for the language but its not simply drag and drop into the 9550 os. I found a way to create a alx file but when I try to load onto the phone it says the file is not for my handset.

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I bet the cod files from the 9520 Storm2 (which is what is sold in Italy) would work. Not sure which ones you would need thou. Perhaps you could transfer all the language cods from the 9520 software?
    I was thinking this as well but when you look in the java folder there is a whole lot of files. I don't know where the language files start and where they end. I have also read that the cjk file needs to be replaced and I just had the 8900 one overwrite the one in my 9550 folder. But italian never appeared

I've been working on this project for a little over a week now lol. I've read and read but everyone is so vague. With instructions I don't think its an undertaking out of my reach. But with little knowledge of the actual OS theres not much more I can do other than what I've already done.

Thanks again to those that have replied. I really appreciate any type of help.

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I have some friends that create hybrid OSs, and one that works for RIM, that I will reach out to and see if they can offer some ideas.
    Rich C.

I'm still looking for additional help.

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I was told.....

net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__it.cod is the first of many Italian language resources.
    Rich C.

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I was told.....

net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__it.cod is the first of many Italian language resources.
    getting closer. lol

I saw this one also

net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_italian_45k_2.cod

now if only with a little more insight can come along and explain what else Im missing and how to load it in the OS for the phone to recognise would be great.