I have a bbs it is unlock, I am using it on the att network, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ciencia02 no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry storm

Advertisement

I have a bbs it is unlock, I am using it on the att network, I downloaded the service book and I could go on the internet through the media net but no through the browser, I can not use the map, the verizon navigator, IM or MMS, please can anybody me. also the I have edge instead of EdGE how can I fix this.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    ciencia, The edge rather than EDGE indicates that you are eligible for EDGE but not receiving full EDGE probably because of your carrier's signal strength.

Need more info to figure out why you're not able to use the browser, maps, etc. Are you sure that you may not have a response time problem and the applications are working?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hatch.duffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ciencia02 View Post
    I have a bbs it is unlock, I am using it on the att network, I downloaded the service book and I could go on the internet through the media net but no through the browser, I can not use the map, the verizon navigator, IM or MMS, please can anybody me. also the I have edge instead of EdGE how can I fix this.
    You are probably not going to be able to use the VZ navigator. It's a monthly service from Verizon.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ciencia, The edge rather than EDGE indicates that you are eligible for EDGE but not receiving full EDGE probably because of your carrier's signal strength.

Need more info to figure out why you're not able to use the browser, maps, etc. Are you sure that you may not have a response time problem and the applications are working?
    Not necessarily, the "edge" rather than "EDGE" also sometimes means that you are using a normal data plan as opposed to a BIS data plan with your carrier.
    It can also mean that youre using the carrier's edge network without any data plan and being charged by the kb.

In the OP's case, because he can "go on the internet through the media net but no through the browser" it means that his case falls under my explanation aka he does have a data plan (or not) but NOT a BIS or BES data plan therefore his browsing is either coming out of his current data plan or he is paying by the kb.

ciencia02 did you have some other sort of smartphone before the BB ? aka iPhone ? WM ?
    did you signup or ATT's BIS data plan ?

Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    You are probably not going to be able to use the VZ navigator. It's a monthly service from Verizon.
    As long as you can load it onto your device youre good to go - dont ask me how it doesnt make sense to me - but it works
    Last edited by ranxoren; 02-05-2009 at 01:03 PM.

ciencia02 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ranxoren I guess you are right I am using the data plan from my iphone, is this the reason that the maps , Im and MMS doesn't work? do I really need a BIS plan in order for all this features to work? another question why after I put the ATT service book on the phone, I could not use the internet and all ATT Icon disappear after I took my sin card out, what is the latest OS update.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    You need a blackberry data plan for your browser / IM's to work. Iphones use a different data plan and routing then what blackberrys use. Blackberrys data is actually routed through some blackberry serverss.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed, BB apps need to be provisioned by the BIS/BES servers therefore you have to call ATT and get them to switch your iPhone data plan for a BB one (just tell them you got a Bold so they dont tell you its not supported or some stuff like that they would make up).
    After that, ask them to guide your through setting up a BIS account on the BIS website and from there, click "resend service books" which will make the browser show up .

Good luck !!