Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish MAn! RIM better get that fixed - that's not at all. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    MAn! RIM better get that fixed - that's not at all. As Hayden said, it's the last feature unique to BB's and a bug in it shouldn't happen.
    well...to put it in perspective, it is a beta release and RIM would never release .90 because of this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    well...to put it in perspective, it is a beta release and RIM would never release .90 because of this.
    cats so smart......!!!! That along with alot of other reasons haha

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Sorry if I mistook you for the OP in my hasts. In your haste, what's"the the .cod from another os version" mean?
    touche
    (wish i was on my berry keyboard, coulda had the little accent on the e)

what i meant was, maybe someone could take the .cod from a different os, and drop it into the java folder of the OS they are running and install it like that

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah a lot of people have been reporting bugs with BBM ... id live with the bugs before i delete BBM tho lol

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    yeah a lot of people have been reporting bugs with BBM ... id live with the bugs before i delete BBM tho lol

now that i think of it, i had a bug the other night (again not a storm - bold)

i was BBMing someone and then my screen flashed and froze up. i had to ctrl+alt+del

Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have removed my BBM and have used the phone exactly like I had been using it and no lockups since. My pre-removal behavior was as follows:
    Listening to music through my bluetooth headphones (Dell BT200)
    Receive a BBM Message
    Phone is in my holster (Screen lock when holstered is enabled)
    Go to look for the message and screen locked up.

I would have to perform a batt pull so that I could retreive the BBM message. This was consistent and repeatable behavior. My phone has not locked up since I removed BBM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    yep,it will definately lock you up. have you noticed a difference in overall speed?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't say I noticed a difference in overall speed, but the difference between .90 and .86 was already enough for me. The camera speed was the only thing i had a problem with, and the speed of the cam in .90 is fine.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091
    Deleted BBM a few days ago and everything seemed better... much better.
    Then today rolled along and it was back to the same ole bs... It would freeze out of nowhere.. then after a hard reset I would get the media card inserted then vsod...
    Sooo.. it might not all be BBM.
    I just downgraded from .86 to .75 and we'll see how tomorrow goes.

PinkBerryGirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304EE8BD
    I've heard that BBM causes some of the freezes on the Storm but I cannot live without my BBM buddies so hopefully when the official .90 is released that this bug will be fixed.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 01-28-2009 at 04:47 AM.
    Nathalie
    VZW BlackBerry Tour 9630 v4.7.1.53
    AT & TiPhone 3GS

T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900
    http://twitter.com/PinkBerryGirl

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBerryGirl View Post
    I've heard that BBM causes some of the freezes on the Storm but I cannot live without my BBM buddies so hopefully when the official .90 is released that this bug will be fixed.
    Welcome to Pinstack, PinkBerryGirl, and enjoy. There may be some issues here and there with the newer devices, etc. but you'll be able to stay pretty up to date with all of that here. Enjoy the stacks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakefreak View Post
    Deleted BBM a few days ago and everything seemed better... much better.
    Then today rolled along and it was back to the same ole bs... It would freeze out of nowhere.. then after a hard reset I would get the media card inserted then vsod...
    Sooo.. it might not all be BBM.
    I just downgraded from .86 to .75 and we'll see how tomorrow goes.
    Blake, If that doesn't work out and you want to try going forward you might try .110. I've run that on my T-mo 8320 for quite a while and it seems very stable. I know that .124 is available here too but I haven't tried it yet so can't say whether it's a good one or not. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rrife no está en línea Stack level 2
    I removed BBM from my Storm and that seems to have fixed the problem where the phone won't unlock.

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rrife View Post
    I removed BBM from my Storm and that seems to have fixed the problem where the phone won't unlock.

Yeah, it's a culprit. Since she did this (my original post) she's had zero problems. It was def. BBM that was causing it, I think it's been long enough now to where it's not a coincidence.

My friend Ryan took my advice and did the same thing 2 days ago, he also said it's fixed his issues.

skillz9669 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    209949D9
    Thats new to me. I can however understand how it would. BB does not like to run apps lol. I do believe that once the app store is released and we all update to work with it that an app like that will no longer cause an issue. "Something else will though", sorry can't have everything, lol
    -Skillz-

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, then people who never win and never quit are just IDIOTS"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast