Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Hitdog, I could have missed it but it's the 1st I've heard of BBM causing ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #16
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116

    Advertisement



    Hitdog, I could have missed it but it's the 1st I've heard of BBM causing a BB to run slow to point where, if you delete BBM, if solves the problem. I wonder if that was your base problem even though deleting it evidently "solved" the issue for you.

    You described her problem as: ".........usually it will clock and start running slow an hour after she does a battery pull........"

    That implies that it runs fine for the 1st hour AFTER a battery pull and after the 1st hour it begins to run slow from then on. BBM would have been running the 1st hour too and really doesn't change the way it runs after an hour past a reboot. You might just be aware of that clue in case you experience another problem later. Just a thought. Glad you have it "fixed" for now and hope she doesn't ever miss BBM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    i have to agree with jblackfish on this one ... good luck!

  3. #18
    Qwest336's Avatar
    Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    14
    Wow...I logged on here to report my findings about .90 and saw this thread. For the first time since I upgraded, my screen locked up on me twice today requriing a battery pull. Both times was just after receiving a BB messenger message! I'm going to remove it and see if the problem continues.

  4. #19
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i have to agree with jblackfish on this one ... good luck!
    Funny Ranx. Are you trying to identify with the Cat?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  5. #20
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Hitdog, I could have missed it but it's the 1st I've heard of BBM causing a BB to run slow to point where, if you delete BBM, if solves the problem. I wonder if that was your base problem even though deleting it evidently "solved" the issue for you.

    You described her problem as: ".........usually it will clock and start running slow an hour after she does a battery pull........"

    That implies that it runs fine for the 1st hour AFTER a battery pull and after the 1st hour it begins to run slow from then on. BBM would have been running the 1st hour too and really doesn't change the way it runs after an hour past a reboot. You might just be aware of that clue in case you experience another problem later. Just a thought. Glad you have it "fixed" for now and hope she doesn't ever miss BBM.
    fyi i dont have a storm...

    but just because the bbm is running from the start doesnt mean that any problems associated with it should be there at the start.

    maybe a bad piece of code on the storm version of bbm is reacting badly to certain functions or events. meaning it could be fine until a call comes in, or a msg comes in, or a webpage is pulled up, or the time changes, or memory dips to a certain level, or an app is opened, or....


    the event that triggers it could be occuring an hour after battery pull...

  6. #21
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    i think i had a bad piece of code the other night. felt like crap the whole night.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  7. #22
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    fyi i dont have a storm...

    but just because the bbm is running from the start doesnt mean that any problems associated with it should be there at the start.

    maybe a bad piece of code on the storm version of bbm is reacting badly to certain functions or events. meaning it could be fine until a call comes in, or a msg comes in, or a webpage is pulled up, or the time changes, or memory dips to a certain level, or an app is opened, or....


    the event that triggers it could be occuring an hour after battery pull...
    I was referring to your wife's Storm - sorry if something I said misled you. Your last comment is exactly my point, and it COULD be a bad piece of code related to the Storm or it COULD be some other ap related to the Storm. I was simply suggesting that it MIGHT happen again, even with BBM deleted. We don't know at this point.

    BTW, any other Storm users have this experience. It's a new device and we're all still learning.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  8. #23
    BradBlick's Avatar
    BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Posts
    422
    Has anyone else tried this? If it works I'd be very interested to know.. I can (somehow) deal without BBM for a little while if it means the rest of the phone be Bug Free*... Then again we'll see just how and what bug free really entails.

    PS - Cats, I'd suggest some Pepto... =) had had some horrible home cooking the other night - PLENTY of bad code.

  9. #24
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    That would be funny if the BB's last exclusive feature left had to be removed to improve performance. I really doubt it. But a bug is just that i guess.

    Keep us posted.

  10. #25
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I was referring to your wife's Storm - sorry if something I said misled you. Your last comment is exactly my point, and it COULD be a bad piece of code related to the Storm or it COULD be some other ap related to the Storm. I was simply suggesting that it MIGHT happen again, even with BBM deleted. We don't know at this point.

    BTW, any other Storm users have this experience. It's a new device and we're all still learning.
    haha jblackfish...READ. im not the OP. i was just stating that i dont have a storm so my input should not be considered with alot of weight, but that that was my opinion on the issue.

    i was offended that you said "your wife" though. im not married, wont be for another 5 years or so

  11. #26
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    That would be funny if the BB's last exclusive feature left had to be removed to improve performance. I really doubt it. But a bug is just that i guess.

    Keep us posted.
    that would be messed up...

    maybe someone could the the .cod(s) from another os version and run it that way?

  12. #27
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    that would be messed up...

    maybe someone could the the .cod(s) from another os version and run it that way?
    Sorry if I mistook you for the OP in my hasts. In your haste, what's"the the .cod from another os version" mean?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  13. #28
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    That would be funny if the BB's last exclusive feature left had to be removed to improve performance. I really doubt it. But a bug is just that i guess.

    Keep us posted.
    Yep, we'll be REAL interested if it's a BBM bug!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  14. #29
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    there is a bug in BBM. not sure if it makes it run slower because mine is not slower but there have been many people that have reported BBM lockups.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  15. #30
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    there is a bug in BBM. not sure if it makes it run slower because mine is not slower but there have been many people that have reported BBM lockups.
    MAn! RIM better get that fixed - that's not at all. As Hayden said, it's the last feature unique to BB's and a bug in it shouldn't happen.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •