Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

so we were in the VZW store the evening. My wife was complaining one last ... BlackBerry Storm forum

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3

blackberry messenger could be the "slow" culprit

Advertisement

so we were in the VZW store the evening. My wife was complaining one last time on the device. The guy says this.

"if you don't use BB Messenger, delete it. People are saying it's running in the background even when not started and messing it up". He claims his boss told him about this a few days ago.

Huh. Sounds too stupid to be true, she has never even used it.

So we deleted it.

Her Storm is running the best it's ever run the last 3 hours. No crap. Screens move quicker, no clocking. I know 3 hours isn't a long test, but usually it will clock and start running slow an hour after she does a battery pull. We've been purposely using it all night testing this "theory" out.

If you don't use it, delete it and give it a try. You can always re install it.

I realize this sounds too stupid to even consider, but there is a vast difference in her device so far.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    LOL I think this will be a hard thing for most of us Storm users to test. BBM keeps most of us sane

But cool idea. Hopefully some others can test this theory out

We actually have never used it. Never a need, we have gtalk accounts or just send a regular text message.

I don't know enough people with bberries to have ever even wanted to try it out.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't even own a storm and I probably would cringe at the fact of deleting BBMessenger LOL

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    The one thing I've noticed with it is that when I have used it, it drains my battery really fast! Other than that, I haven't had problems with my phone because of it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah if i was to delete BBM i might as well just get another kinda phone lol :P

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    BBM will be the last thing to be deleted on my BB. First one pgm at at time, next to last the browser and then BBM. Then I'll charge it up, pull the battery out, list it for sale and get a regular phone.

Honestly I can't imagine BBM being the main source of a problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BBM will be the last thing to be deleted on my BB. First one pgm at at time, next to last the browser and then BBM. Then I'll charge it up, pull the battery out, list it for sale and get a regular phone.

Honestly I can't imagine BBM being the main source of a problem.
    Her phone continues to run well today. Just curious, what's the big deal with BBM? I'm assuming for work to IM other bberry users?

It's probably more important to some users than others and it's unique to BB - for me, it's a select group that I have access to, and they me, instantly if they're available. I have several of the other msg aps as you can see by my name - I just don't use them much. IT's just an opinion.

MY advice, if it's working for you and doing what you need it to, keep doing it!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    Her phone continues to run well today. Just curious, what's the big deal with BBM? I'm assuming for work to IM other bberry users?
    BBM is the whole reason (other than push email, but even other phones are getting quick email now a days) to own a BB! LOL! it's it's own little IM...much easier. I prefer to use BBM with hubby than text...BBM is ALOT faster and doesn't get "lost" like a text can.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I use google talk for that with my wife. It's on the bberry and the G1's, maybe others. Same thing really, only you can talk to anyone with a gmail acct or AOL IM acct. I personally wouldn't limit my IM's to people who had blackberry.

My love for bberry is the email client. G1 does a good job, but nothing is as good as a bberry for email. Nothing... at least IMO.

............ I personally wouldn't limit my IM's to people who had blackberry.
    My love for bberry is the email client.............
    I don't limit my "IM's" to BBM. As you can see, I have 4 other IM setups myself - I just don't use 'em as much as BBM. ...and I love the email too. It's all in how you want to stay connected and to whom, I guess. All that and a good browser too? What more could we ask for in connections?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I use google talk for that with my wife. It's on the bberry and the G1's, maybe others. Same thing really, only you can talk to anyone with a gmail acct or AOL IM acct. I personally wouldn't limit my IM's to people who had blackberry.

My love for bberry is the email client. G1 does a good job, but nothing is as good as a bberry for email. Nothing... at least IMO.
    I dont limit myself either! LOL! I have too many fans and refuse to give em my bbm info! LOL! BUT...I dont have to remember to turnon my bbm
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091
    Deleting BBM did get rid of all
    The bugs so far....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Blakefreak View Post
    Deleting BBM did get rid of all
    The bugs so far....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah dude. 24 hours now for my wife and it's running better than it ever has still.

Amazing. I would imagine since a VZW guy gave me a heads up on that, you would think they are aware and are trying to fix it in the next official OS.

She actually told me today "for the first time in a month, I like this phone".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast