Hello, I downloaded the latest Storm patch a couple of weeks ago and I was ... BlackBerry Storm forum

delaren47 no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry 9530.msi missing?

I downloaded the latest Storm patch a couple of weeks ago and I was able to patch two Storms no problem, but then yesterday when I opened my Desktop Manager I got a Windows Installer pop-up saying that:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package "BlackBerry 9530.msi" in the box below:

What I have done so far with no luck is:
    1. I did a Wndows Explorer search an there is no such msi file on my system.
    2. I removed BB desktop manager, re-installed and the problem persists.
    3. Also in my add/remove programs I attempted to remove the program "BlackBerry device sorftware v4.7.0 for the BlackBerry 8530 smartphone" and when I attempt to remove it, it also asks me for the missing msi file and then aborts.
    4. I tried to re-install this program that I originally downloaded from the site, the name of the file is: "9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_PL4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_T elus_Mobility.exe" and when I try it also asks me that the msi file is missing!

So other than going to the Registry and remove it manually and is something that I don't necesarily know how to do, has someone have this problem already and found an easier way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    ask me
    Your best bet is deleting the registries
    ~via smartphone