So I wanted to get opinions on battery life. Some people suggest draining the battery ... BlackBerry Storm forum

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Best Battery Practices

Advertisement

So I wanted to get opinions on battery life. Some people suggest draining the battery every few weeks or so, etc. What do you think is the best practice to keep your battery good?
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Draining these types of batteries may actually degrade their sustainable life. It's best to just let the battery go over the course of a day or two, then let it completely charge over night. Many people even charge their batteries on a daily basis based on usage. I personally never let my battery get below 50% charge, plus I'm always having it on the charger when I listen to music or in the car in the car carrier.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Ahhh good to know. I charge mine every night, and sometimes during the day too. I almost never let it go all the way down either.
    ~Erich~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here is a thread that Hayden wrote awhile back with some great tips for extending battery life.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I charge my phone overnight connected to my PC but use it as much as possible when not at home. I also have an extended battery in my phone which gives me up to 18 hours of battery life.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Between running Appleberry on my Storm, and just having a Storm in general, battery life isn't the best lol..
    ~Erich~

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    I charge my battery twice a day and keep it above 50%
    And also if my battery gets hot while heavy usage I give it a rest.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303 View Post
    Between running Appleberry on my Storm, and just having a Storm in general, battery life isn't the best lol..
    Rabbi, I hope you have upgraded to the latest available storm OS... They have been know to increase battery time substantially...

Personally I can never let the battery go down as I may need to hit the road anytime, so whenever I'm near an outlet or a computer, I'm charging...

The way I see it, no matter what you do, the battery will last you atleast a year... And its worth buying a new one after that duration, especially if you didn't have the added hassle of worrying when and when not to charge...

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Rabbi, I hope you have upgraded to the latest available storm OS... They have been know to increase battery time substantially...

Personally I can never let the battery go down as I may need to hit the road anytime, so whenever I'm near an outlet or a computer, I'm charging...

The way I see it, no matter what you do, the battery will last you atleast a year... And its worth buying a new one after that duration, especially if you didn't have the added hassle of worrying when and when not to charge...
    yeah man, I'm running .109 and the battery life is much better than the .75 or any other Beta since then, but still thought I would find out peoples opinions and see if they are doing, I am doing.
    ~Erich~

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I charge mine everynight and sometimes during the day when emails and BB messenger are very heavy. If I'm at my desk I through it on the charger for the hell of it.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone has a problem with a car charger ? My phone is able to charge till 80% of the battery and at that point it will stop.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    I charge mine every night. I never let it die as the cells on lithium batteries should be constantly active. If

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    I charge my phone every night. I have read so much articles about lithium batteries, and sometimes it can be confusing. Although there is something that is present on most of them, "Always keep the cells active". I interpreted this as dont drain it??

I dont know, as soon as it turns red i charge it. I always carry my chargers everywhere I go.