Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, we've entered the public beta of our Noah Bible Study build for the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

kolev no está en línea Developer

BEIKS' Noah Bible Study for Storm beta testing

Advertisement

Hi guys,
    we've entered the public beta of our Noah Bible Study build for the Storm.

If you're interested in participating and especially if you already use our or other Bible study application on the BlackBerry, please feel free to install and submit feedback.

At this moment we are mostly focused on providing optimal experience to Storm users , so please try to limit your feedback to Storm specific features as opposed to general application features.

To download Noah Bible Viewer for the Storm please point your Storm browser to http://mobile.beiks.com/beta/ .

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Gonna try this. Thank you~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I just read a few verses from the ASV(american standard version) bible. The program is nice scrolling is fast. The bookmark feature is very useful of course. I'm not sure where the actual bible downloaded to. There's a Beiks folder on my SD card but it appears to be empty. Nothing in device memory either. I also noticed when scrolling through the bibles pages(ASV anyway) it felt more like one continuous page. It would be helpful if you could quickly scroll page to page. Still it appears to be a nice app for us who want a bible with at all times(my bb is always with me). Will give more input later but from initial impression I definitely recommend this.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Downloaded. It did not show up at first, so I did a hard reset. (aka-battery-pull) Then it was there. Not as smooth as I perceived it to be, but I will play w/it tonight. My fav is still pocket e-sword(Windows Mobile Only), ...if someone can make this BB friendly, I will be over-joyed!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-25-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    The Beiks people do make a nice reader... the ability to input notes is golden,

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    downloaded. Took for a test drive with my NLT on my media card. VERY WELL done. Have not yet found any bugs. I do like the quick click link on the top of the screen for quick GOTO menu.
    Now if I can figure out how to transfer my License that I had purchased for my pearl I would be very happy.
    Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    downloaded. Took for a test drive with my NLT on my media card. VERY WELL done. Have not yet found any bugs. I do like the quick click link on the top of the screen for quick GOTO menu.
    Now if I can figure out how to transfer my License that I had purchased for my pearl I would be very happy.
    Regards
    cHAd

If you email Beiks, they may be able to take care of it...

Noah Bible Viewer BlackBerry license transfer

You can trasnfer the license yourself, in fact we very much would prefer that since license transferring has been a big support issue for us at some point.

All you need to know is explained at http://www.beiks.com/support/ .

But come on, I need more feedback about the Storm build!

That first and second, what other features you consider essential and still missing from it (as we are working on the next version, but the support for Storm came up as a priority).

Anyone having any issues with expanding booksmarks? There has been a report of the tree collapsing back as soon as you lift your finger off the screen.

pjost no está en línea Stack level 1

Beta version

I just tried downloading the beta version to my Storm. The download failed. Guess you need to get back to the drawing board?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Hello again the only issue I have found is expanding/collapsing bookmarks can only be done through the menu. It doesn't work when you touch the title of bookmark folder. A cursor would make it easy to copy text. I also wish you could swipe left/right to quickly flip through chapters~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Other than my one issue and my two requests (pretty please) I think its a great app. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rwrightny no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great app. Installed and working with no major issues so far.

Fixes -- The word "bookmarks" is spelled incorrectly on the preference screen. While clicking on random areas of the preference screen a menu appears offering the option for the "Full Menu". The 'fast positioning' option does not appear to have an effect.

Enhancements -- Add left/right gestures to move to the next/previous chapter (As Safiy suggested). When scrolling horizontally, create an option for the subsequent chapter to appear immediately below the current one (without the white space). This will also help the reader to see the first line of the new chapter which quickly scrolls out of view. Add a way to Goto a Note (not just bookmarks).

pjost no está en línea Stack level 1

Changes needed

The beta version certainly is an improvement for Storm but several changes are needed:
    1. As was indicated before, there should be a way to jump forward/backward one chapter.
    2. Delete the space between chapters. Chapter divisions are purely artificial, and in some instances, very poorly placed.
    3. When going from one translation to another, the new translation should open up at the same location, otherwise it is very difficult to compare translations of the same passage.
    4. The search function is currently useless. Along with the reference, it needs to show a short section in which the words are used so that the desired reference can be selected without going through each reference.
    5. The search function should allow searching selected sections, such as the Pentatuch, History books, Epistles, Old Testament, New Testament.
    6. The search function should allow for searching for any words, all words or an exact match of the words.
    7. Where are the footnotes???

Quote Originally Posted by pjost View Post
    I just tried downloading the beta version to my Storm. The download failed. Guess you need to get back to the drawing board?
    Well considering the successful download by all others I'd rather think the problem is not on our end.

Could be temporary network problem, could be restrictions by BES administrators, could be anything else I can't think of.

Ocasionally we have problems downloading too. But we're way past the stage where it could be faulty application, let along "get back to the drawing board".

It's a fairly stable build of an application that's been quite successful and popular for years.

rnielsen7222 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Beta for Blackberry Storm

I get an error message:
    The downloaded module is incompatable with data already stored on the device. Upgrade anyway (some applications may not function)? Yes/No

If I say yes, the installation fails. with Error 907 Invalid C
    OD

What is the keyboard locker utility?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast