I have been using the Storm since it has been released. I have recently encountered ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Gandalf no está en línea Stack level 1

Bberry Storm Reboot Problem

Advertisement

I have been using the Storm since it has been released. I have recently encountered an unusual event. While carrying around my Storm in my pants pocket, the unit reboots all on its own. I usually carry it in its Verizon purchased leather pouch or with a rubber boot in my shirt pocket. But in the last couple of days I just slipped in the front pants pocket and a few minutes later it is rebooting all on its own. Very unusual. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't upgraded to 148 since I been traveling lately, still on 75.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    The only things I can think of:
    Somethings hitting the power button to power it down.
    I would make sure that you have the screen locked as well to prevent anything from pressing on the screen applications.

Now: Get .148 OS....You will love it!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I agree SVT...with it being in your pocket, I would guess you're hitting the power button.

Upgrade now! It doesn't take that long. :d

Robert03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The storm's lock/unlock button is difficult to accidentally depress. So that would have to happen, then the power button would need to be pressed and held for at least 2 seconds. And the .148 upgrade is now available OTA so like the others said, go for it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I slip mine in my pocket and every now and the I pull it out to see that it is locked so its not as hard as you think to hit while in pocket. I could see you hitting then power button. But try locking it the next time and see if ut happens then you'll know if its something your doing or the device is doing.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I have the soft reset program on my home screen.
    If it's not locked, it will reset itself by being in a pocket.
    (I never have it in my pocket, always the holster)

Working on cars and PC's, it would be very easy to accidently hold the power button button down for well over 2 seconds.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    My buddy was having random reboots, as well as a weird flickering in the backlight.
    Take out battery and make sure when reinserting that it is well seated against the contacts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Gandalf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    The only things I can think of:
    Somethings hitting the power button to power it down.
    I would make sure that you have the screen locked as well to prevent anything from pressing on the screen applications.

Now: Get .148 OS....You will love it!
    I don't think is a power off-power on issues. It is systematic to a real hard boot, white screen with the rotating arrow, etc. Power on is a much shorter cycle. The battery is also in tightly, so not sure if it is related to static electricity or somthing like that. Not too happy if I just cant cary this around in a loose pocket.

I think we are getting down to it having to be your electric personality

oblvsfrg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I have been using the Storm since it has been released. I have recently encountered an unusual event. While carrying around my Storm in my pants pocket, the unit reboots all on its own. I usually carry it in its Verizon purchased leather pouch or with a rubber boot in my shirt pocket. But in the last couple of days I just slipped in the front pants pocket and a few minutes later it is rebooting all on its own. Very unusual. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't upgraded to 148 since I been traveling lately, still on 75.

I have had both Storms, and I have had the same issues with both, it's incredibly frustrating! My phone is re-booting all on it's own as I sit here and type, this happens to be the 8th time today... If you or anyone knows why this is happening, please let me know how to fix it!

interstudy no está en línea Stack level 1
    .148 with the .90 radio is good for EDGE/tmobile users. i use tmobile also and have .323 running great. Data even does well if I do get edge. Reboots are definatley and issue with .148. But I have yet to have any with .323. If you want more on tmobile OS's check out my blog in my signature
    My Blackberry Storm Blog
    More For T Mobile Stormers!

bootsmagee no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is an issue with the batch of batteries that were shipped in the storm 2's, or at least some of them...it seems to fit too loosely and any small shock/drop/shake etc. causes the phone to reboot (battery connection is interrupted)..some people have gotten new batteries from Verizon to solve the issue, some have used their old battery if they had the original storm..I put some tape on one end of the battery, the side opposite of the battery connection to make it fit tighter against connection pins, and it fixed it for me...try tapping your phone lightly on a desk/book and see if it reboots...if it does, try the tape trick/new battery/storm 1 battery, it should solve the problem.