Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey stackers, has anyone had any issues with their BB Storm automatically resetting itself? Mines ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Mrsncr2002 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305912AA

Question BB Storm resetting

Advertisement

Hey stackers,
    has anyone had any issues with their BB Storm automatically resetting itself? Mines has reset itself 5 times over the last 2 days.
    Thanks,
    Your fellow stacker in distress!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's happened to me once, so far. I was having difficulty having it respond to the icon I was "pressing" and tried getting it to respond to anything else and it kind of locked up and rebooted. Other than that one time, it froze when someone sent me a text when I was recording video and I had to do battery pull. Other than that, no other problems.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsncr2002 View Post
    Hey stackers,
    has anyone had any issues with their BB Storm automatically resetting itself? Mines has reset itself 5 times over the last 2 days.
    Thanks,
    Your fellow stacker in distress!
    What OS are you running on it? Mine used to do it but since I've upgraded it does not do it anymore unless I get an App Error and I have to restart, but that's not the same thing...
    -Josh

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Do you have the latest OS?

black07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yea it happens daily to me and I'm running .75 ........
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you had to do any battery pulls?

freakoffashion no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey! I got the Storm the day it came out and it began re-booting itself from day one..... Got the upgrade the day it was released and found that it made it worse.... Started re-booting while texting and even while talking on the phone.... So called Verizon and they sent my a new phone.... I had a defective one.... Might want to check it out
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Was just about to say...
    If by .75 you are still having reset problems that Storm is from the "bad batch" still floating around out there. Send that puppy back and enjoy the improved one you get next.
    :)

PIN/ID
    305912AA
    Thanks everyone. I do have the latest OS .75. I'll give verizon a call and see if I cant get a new one. I did notice that this just started happening once i applied a screen protector. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it but my issue didnt occur until then.

Hopefully you get one that is better next time!

PIN/ID
    305912AA
    Update: So my storm has reset itself approx 6 times today. I did however go to verizon today and they have place an order for me to recieve a free replacement but don't know what's causing the reset.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Could be hardware, firmware, or both! Once you get set up with a good one, you'll love it though

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da
    I did i complete wipe of my device like a security wipe and it resolved all of my software issues.
    The soul of the Nietzscheans is this:
    We are arrogant. We are vain.
    We are manipulative. We are selfish.
    And we love our children.

-- Drago Musevini, "Primary Reflections", CY 8428

SuzieCreamPuff no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yup mine restarts itself about 3-4 times a day, had it barely two weeks. It will also lock up periodically and I'll have to do a battery pull.

After hearing so many bad stories about it I thought this was a standard quirk of the phone.

ckrise no está en línea Stack level 1

Constantly Resetting

My Storm is rebooting all the time too.. I requested a new one from Verizon and they sent me a "nealy new" one in the box that was all scratched to hell. I bought a new phone and I left AT&T and had been with AT&T since 1995 and they jabbed me for $350 in early termination fees since I bought 2 pearls six months ago (they did not care that I paid AT&T over 18,000.00 in monhtly fees since 1995). So, instead of getting the iPhone and since I liked my pearl at the time, I jumped carriers to Verizon and got the Storm, knowing that AT&T probably wont get the Storm... Now I have two storms (one for the wife) and hers is fine and mine keeps rebooting when I get a text and am doing something on the phone. Again, I asked for a replacement and got a scratched up brick that I fedexed back to them. The one I have was made in CANADA and the one they sent me as a replacement was made in Mexico with an older esn number... Verizon said that they would send a NEW one since their is no refurm process yet... BS. I got a diplay model or something. Id rather have my scratchless storm reboot than get a marred phone that I spent so much money jumping carriers to get. I hope that the next one is a NEW working one from CANADA and not MEXICO and with an ESN that is of the latest lot.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast