App loader says it's been loaded, but it's not there. Not hidden. Tried "deleting" and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

BB Maps Won't Load to the Phone

Advertisement

App loader says it's been loaded, but it's not there. Not hidden. Tried "deleting" and re-loading. App loader said it was successful, but still not there. I have Google maps installed but that shouldn't block BB Maps.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you did look in the apps folder right?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    wow maybe I should read? you said its not hidden lol... this is pretty strange, might need to re-install the os? is your browser showing up?
    Last edited by dean0uga; 12-08-2008 at 11:31 PM.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not in the folders either

Vvvv

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not in the folders either
    thats your problem then... its your net connection/connection to the network, I would try 1. going to manage connections, mobile network options, make sure data services is on and its automatic goto services status(in manage connections, see what that lists... if these are all correct, try a bat pull... let me know if it works, also I went to options > advanced options, browser and browser push as well and made sure those were correct

Data services are on, auto and 1XEV. Batt pull did not change anything. Browser is set to "internet browser" and browser push is checked and on "auto/allow all".

Default Map Service in Options lists BB Maps, and service books for BB Maps are there. Looks like the program is there but can't be accessed.

jSkiLLzZz no está en línea Stack level 1
    there is a chance its a very stupid, easy oversight. go to the applications screen on the main menu. if the top row shows tasks calc word excel, flick your finger down to scroll to the other apps that are hidden one line up. flickr, facebook, maps and memopad. otherwise there's an actual problem

Quote Originally Posted by jSkiLLzZz View Post
    there is a chance its a very stupid, easy oversight. go to the applications screen on the main menu. if the top row shows tasks calc word excel, flick your finger down to scroll to the other apps that are hidden one line up. flickr, facebook, maps and memopad. otherwise there's an actual problem
    while the effort to make the suggestion is appreciated, I sincerely hope/doubt that this is the problem!

well, there is a problem greater than my usual stupidity ;-)

Tech support walked me through everything, we wiped and reloaded the OS, and BB Maps appears to be loaded successfully by looking at service books and other means of verification. BUT...there's no icon or way to start it up. Google maps is there. Strange. Maybe OS .76 or later will fix it. Don't want to return the device just yet - a new one would be two to three weeks away!

hmm, im sorry, bb maps sucks in my opinion anyway, only works when you are in an area with full coverage, basically standing outside with no trees around and its slow, but it does get your exact position...

I agree with you. It was more of an academic challenge to figure out why. Living without BB Maps is the only "flaw" I have encountered so far on my Storm, and I can certainly cope with THAT.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well put and I completely understand, as I am a little ocd