I’m testing accutracking.com this app is draining memory and battery any suggestions of something similar ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question BB GPS tracking app?

Advertisement

I’m testing accutracking.com this app is draining memory and battery any suggestions of something similar for business use?

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Hi BBP -

There are several applications out there which may suit your needs.

The first question would be what are you trying to do with the application (as in, what is your ultimate goal/need?)...

You will of course have a noticeable decrease in battery life when adding location tracking to your devices.

I have however enabled and deployed simple location tracking via BES policy to our devices for loss prevention reasons and find that the battery life is much better than when using a third-party application such as Zora. This is in part due to the refresh rate imposed by the app, along with the fact that you have an additional app running in the background as opposed to a simple ping-like report back to the server.

You do need a third party app though even if you're just tracking data via the server, as the raw data is not rendered in a fashion which is comprehensible to an admin/end-user (unless you're a cartographer )

I guess the big question is what do you need the data for? (inventory tracking, employee time tracking, etc.) This should help find a solution or recommendation from others even as to what direction to take.

BBP
    Employee real time tracking like where they go....etc it the vendor will have a site i can logon to and check this information.

Thanks

Robert03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Google Lattitudr is pretty decent. Although probably not practicle as you would have to create accounts for each device as well as get your hands on those devices to "accept" the ability to be tracked.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    It seems that beGPS is a pretty good one also. I downloaded it yesterday and it located approx. 8 satellites to pinpoint my location. It updates every 4-5 secs on your location. It seems like it would be something ur looking for. I downloaded it from BB app world.
    Last edited by hybrid1976; 06-17-2009 at 03:57 PM.

BBP
    I need something that user wont know it's there and we can track it from a computer
    Thanks