Since I updated my BB storm 9530 to the 5.0 software my battery only lasts ... BlackBerry Storm forum

tkolgen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A9987

Battery Issues after 5.0 update

Advertisement

Since I updated my BB storm 9530 to the 5.0 software my battery only lasts 1/2 day when before the battery would last at least a full day. I'm not using my phone any more or anything. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone knows why this might be happening and how to fix this.

Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    That's interesting. All the Storms I upgraded in my office, the battery life is amazingly better. People that were only getting half a day out of it are now getting at least one full day, if not two now.

Did you forget to change any settings after upgrading? Maybe a weather app that is constantly updating, or something like that?

tkolgen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A9987
    I had youmail app and I found out that it wasn't supported for 5.0 so I deleted that. Hopefully that was the problem. I will try and delete other apps that might be the problem. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks

rmcnutt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30785B5F
    My wife and I both have Storms that we got together. We both did the upgrade to 5.0. Mine was flawless and a wonderful improvement (not that I had many complaints in the first place). Hers on the other hand after the upgrade killed her battery life. Mine lost 15% overnight and hers lost 95%. Called Verizon told them the problem, they are sending a new battery. only to find out after hanging up with them and taking a long shot and wiping the phone, that the problem was solved. Not guaranteeing that it will work but we had the same problem and it fixed it.

free2saute no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 5.0 on my storm and the upgrade was a help to my battery issue that i had before good luck

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Something to do before updating, ensure you remove your SD card. Strange enough, there is a possibility that the blackberry is trying to address the SD card during the install process. Addressing the SD card requires additional voltage. From my BOLD days, if you leave your SD card in, people have seen a greater decrease in battery life.

It's just a normal practice for me now, on my Storm2 and my girls BOLD.
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com